Apple announced the end of the XServe line, effective January of 2011. The small and loyal Apple market may be disappointed by the loss, but Apple is also unveiling some alternative Mac server options to fill the void.
Apple has said it will stop selling its Xserve rack servers early next year, killing a product that has traditionally sold in low quantities.
The NASA team behind the Spirit and Opportunity Mars rovers--the Jet Propulsion Laboratory--has announced a move to cloud computing.
SAP is working with NEC to make portions of SAP's enterprise resource planning applications available via NEC's cloud infrastructure, the two companies announced on Wednesday.
China is unveiling a new supercomputer on Thursday that incorporates thousands of graphics chips and can reach a sustained performance of 2.5 petaflops, making it one of the fastest systems in the world.
IBM has refreshed its CloudBurst products for building a virtualized private cloud, adding configurations based on its Power7 processor on top of the x86-based systems it already offered.
Capgemini opened the doors on a new data center near London on Tuesday that it sees as a showcase for green design.
After dismantling the city's data center and moving it three times to avoid hurricanes, the IT team for the city of Altamonte Springs, Fla., decided to try a different approach. Instead of spending millions of dollars to build a facility that would k...
IBM is putting more energy in building computers that mix CPUs with specialized accelerators to diversify its servers and target specific workloads, an IBM executive said this week.
An emerging class of extremely low-power servers is helping Internet companies and hosting providers to slash their energy bills, and proponents say they could have a role in the enterprise as well.
Development around the original Cell processor hasn't stalled and IBM will continue to develop chips and supply hardware for future gaming consoles, a company executive said.
LAS VEGAS -- Vendors are increasingly trying to sell users on the idea that they need to stick RFID tags on IT equipment to keep track of it. Users are interested in this technology because they would much rather automate inventory tracking then go s...
HP this week rolled out new and enhanced products and services across its networking, security and computing portfolios designed to improve the performance and delivery of application services to businesses.
Intel will not position its Atom processor for the server market, even as some vendors are building servers around collections of hundreds of low-power Atom processors, a company executive said.
A server with 800 processor cores could ship next year with Tilera's next-generation 100-core chips inside, a company executive said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: a craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA