Windows HPC Server customers will soon be able to run high-performance computing workloads on Windows Azure, Microsoft is announcing at this week's SC10 supercomputing conference in New Orleans.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it will start shipping next-generation Opteron server chips based on the new Bulldozer architecture starting in the third quarter next year.
In an IT world full of elusive goals, there's probably no target as slippery and generally elusive as server uptime.
Arm has entered the server market with Marvell Semiconductor announcing a chip based on its processor architecture, but customer acceptance and design issues could affect its chances of winning market share from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, anal...
Apple announced the end of the XServe line, effective January of 2011. The small and loyal Apple market may be disappointed by the loss, but Apple is also unveiling some alternative Mac server options to fill the void.
Apple has said it will stop selling its Xserve rack servers early next year, killing a product that has traditionally sold in low quantities.
The NASA team behind the Spirit and Opportunity Mars rovers--the Jet Propulsion Laboratory--has announced a move to cloud computing.
SAP is working with NEC to make portions of SAP's enterprise resource planning applications available via NEC's cloud infrastructure, the two companies announced on Wednesday.
China is unveiling a new supercomputer on Thursday that incorporates thousands of graphics chips and can reach a sustained performance of 2.5 petaflops, making it one of the fastest systems in the world.
IBM has refreshed its CloudBurst products for building a virtualized private cloud, adding configurations based on its Power7 processor on top of the x86-based systems it already offered.
Capgemini opened the doors on a new data center near London on Tuesday that it sees as a showcase for green design.
After dismantling the city's data center and moving it three times to avoid hurricanes, the IT team for the city of Altamonte Springs, Fla., decided to try a different approach. Instead of spending millions of dollars to build a facility that would k...
IBM is putting more energy in building computers that mix CPUs with specialized accelerators to diversify its servers and target specific workloads, an IBM executive said this week.
An emerging class of extremely low-power servers is helping Internet companies and hosting providers to slash their energy bills, and proponents say they could have a role in the enterprise as well.
Development around the original Cell processor hasn't stalled and IBM will continue to develop chips and supply hardware for future gaming consoles, a company executive said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTCommunications Network EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD