Lenovo announced some new entry-level servers on Tuesday, continuing its effort to become a bigger player in the server market.
A sequence of errors led to Dell's delivery of motherboards with malware and the company is in the process of overhauling its testing process to resolve issues before dispatching hardware to customers, it said on Thursday.
Dell is warning customers that "a small number" of its server motherboards may contain malicious software.
The Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC) has added a power efficiency metric, TPC-Energy, to its ongoing roundups of speedy transactional processing systems. Hewlett-Packard is the first participant to use the new TPC-Energy specification...
Server virtualization is a growing reality in data centers.
Taiwan's biggest telecommunications company, Chunghwa Telecom, signed an agreement Monday with the world's largest contract laptop maker to jointly develop cloud computing software, services and hardware products aimed at markets in Asia.
Supercomputers that mix CPUs with graphics processors made their mark on the Green500 list of top energy-efficient supercomputers released on Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday announced new blade and rack servers designed to deliver more performance while combining hardware and software capabilities to improve server reliability and lower energy costs.
Intel's next-generation server processor code-named Westmere-EX will pack in 10 cores, an industry source said on Monday
Apple's cigar box desktop, better known as the Mac mini, has always been something of an oddball. Like the rest of Cupertino's hardware lineup, the mini is sleek, shiny, and stylish. But this miniature, monitor-less desktop has a much higher geek q...
Dell on Wednesday announced it will offer graphics processing units with a new blade server to boost overall application performance.
Hewlett-Packard knocked IBM from the top spot in worldwide server revenue during the first quarter, as the market for x86 systems picked up but sales of Unix and mainframe systems continued to decline, Gartner said on Tuesday.
Reducing energy consumption in data centers, particularly with the prospect of a federal carbon tax, is pushing vendors to explore an ever-growing range of ideas.
Oracle has expanded Sun Microsystems' Netra server lineup by pilfering a blade system from the enterprise side of Sun's server business and certifying it for use by the telecommunications industry.
IBM on Tuesday updated its System x iDataPlex servers to include graphics processors from Nvidia as it tries bring high-performance capabilities to its scale-out servers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- The best Apple iPad Air 2 plans: Vodafone v Telstra v Optus
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW