Windows HPC Server customers will soon be able to run high-performance computing workloads on Windows Azure, Microsoft is announcing at this week's SC10 supercomputing conference in New Orleans.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it will start shipping next-generation Opteron server chips based on the new Bulldozer architecture starting in the third quarter next year.
In an IT world full of elusive goals, there's probably no target as slippery and generally elusive as server uptime.
Arm has entered the server market with Marvell Semiconductor announcing a chip based on its processor architecture, but customer acceptance and design issues could affect its chances of winning market share from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, anal...
Apple announced the end of the XServe line, effective January of 2011. The small and loyal Apple market may be disappointed by the loss, but Apple is also unveiling some alternative Mac server options to fill the void.
Apple has said it will stop selling its Xserve rack servers early next year, killing a product that has traditionally sold in low quantities.
The NASA team behind the Spirit and Opportunity Mars rovers--the Jet Propulsion Laboratory--has announced a move to cloud computing.
SAP is working with NEC to make portions of SAP's enterprise resource planning applications available via NEC's cloud infrastructure, the two companies announced on Wednesday.
China is unveiling a new supercomputer on Thursday that incorporates thousands of graphics chips and can reach a sustained performance of 2.5 petaflops, making it one of the fastest systems in the world.
IBM has refreshed its CloudBurst products for building a virtualized private cloud, adding configurations based on its Power7 processor on top of the x86-based systems it already offered.
Capgemini opened the doors on a new data center near London on Tuesday that it sees as a showcase for green design.
After dismantling the city's data center and moving it three times to avoid hurricanes, the IT team for the city of Altamonte Springs, Fla., decided to try a different approach. Instead of spending millions of dollars to build a facility that would k...
IBM is putting more energy in building computers that mix CPUs with specialized accelerators to diversify its servers and target specific workloads, an IBM executive said this week.
An emerging class of extremely low-power servers is helping Internet companies and hosting providers to slash their energy bills, and proponents say they could have a role in the enterprise as well.
Development around the original Cell processor hasn't stalled and IBM will continue to develop chips and supply hardware for future gaming consoles, a company executive said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
- Apple will release Olympic-themed Apple Watch bands, but only in Brazil
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA