AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
Hardware makers are providing the building blocks for databases, ERP and analytics applications to run faster in data centers with new systems based on Intel's latest Xeon E7 v3 chips.
Smaller servers are taking over data centers, but Intel believes the future is also bright for powerful big-iron servers, thanks to companies' embrace of machine learning, which requires a lot of horsepower to process complex algorithms and large dat...
SAP and IBM share a long history dating back to the very roots of SAP, and on Monday that allegiance got a little closer with two new IBM Power Systems server configurations tailored specifically for SAP's Hana in-memory data platform.
Past political trouble in the U.S. isn't stopping Huawei Technologies from selling its enterprise services in the country.
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
Enterprises that wish to enjoy the benefits of Cloud computing but still prefer to keep computational resources in-house should take a look at a new Cloud system offered by Hewlett-Packard.
A Dutch utility is inviting five families to use radiator-sized servers to heat their living rooms for free.
An IBM project to expand the market for its Power processor is making headway, with new hardware announced Wednesday that aims to challenge Intel's dominance in the data center.
Intel will start offering custom chips based on the Xeon D starting in the second half of this year, making it easier to tailor servers to process specific workloads.
Hewlett-Packard is following in the footsteps of Facebook and Microsoft in embracing open hardware designs with its new low-cost Cloudline servers.
Intel's Xeon server chips dominate hardware in data centers, and now they could also end up powering robots on factory floors.
Lenovo's smartphone business is shipping more handsets to countries outside China, following the company's recent acquisition of Motorola Mobility and more competition in the local market.
Intel has delayed shipment of a component module required for its silicon photonics technology, which uses pulses of light to move data between servers at extremely high speed.
Larry Ellison has opened a new front in his battle with Cisco Systems and EMC, launching new Oracle hardware on Wednesday that he claims will be the cheapest on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
- How Moto Mods went from concept to product
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW