SPEC, the standards body for performance benchmarks, has developed a tool-kit to help more accurately measure the energy efficiency of servers.
Oracle has launched its new Sparc T4 processor, along with new hardware that it hopes will turn up the heat on server rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM.
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
Micron today released its first entry-level solid state drive (SSD) aimed at being used as a boot drive in servers or for I/O intensive read applications, such as video streaming in cloud computing environments.
In 2001, VMware delivered its first virtualization products for x86 servers, setting off what has become one of today's biggest tech trends. But the benefits of virtualization, particularly its ability to allow users to rapidly provision new workload...
Cisco Systems emerged from 150 days of restructuring on Tuesday as an aggressive competitor, laying out some of the problems that led it to make changes, while saying its rivals are in even worse predicaments.
Servers with new Xeon E5 chips based on the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture will become available early next year, Intel officials said on Tuesday.
An IT services company in China has picked an IBM mainframe to provide online services for up to 300 million citizens, including many in rural areas who will access the services through kiosks in community centers and other public places, IBM said.
IBM's worldwide server revenue jumped a healthy 24.5 percent in the second quarter, putting it neck and neck with Hewlett-Packard for the top spot, according to IDC.
Cisco's profit in its fiscal fourth quarter fell about one-third from a year earlier, while its sales increased only 3.3 percent, the company reported on Wednesday.
Recognizing Apache Hadoop's growing presence in the field of data analysis, Dell will start selling servers preloaded with the open-source data processing platform, the company announced Thursday.
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Dell said Thursday it will warranty servers to run at 113 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius) for a limited number of hours per year, so that customers can make wider use of "fresh-air cooling" in their data centers.
In case you hadn't noticed, Apple released a minor software update to its Mac OS on Wednesday, along with some modest updates to its hardware. However, the company also released a handful of new updates to its utilities and applications to add suppor...
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a much-hyped new name for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- Lexus IS 300h F Sport review: Adding sports appeal to the economical hybrid
- LG goes big on 4K TVs, announces 17 new models up to 98-inches
- Thousands call on Congress to overturn net neutrality rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW