NEC's new high-end server contains swappable battery packs, intended to provide backup power without the need for an external uninterruptible power supply (UPS) in data centers.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Advanced Micro Devices has cut orders to contract chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries, expecting a "choppy demand environment" in the next few quarters.
News of weak server sales, continuing turmoil at Hewlett-Packard and the ongoing U.S. political impasse over the so-called "fiscal cliff" have not given tech industry watchers much to cheer about this week.
Worldwide server shipments went up in the third quarter of 2012, but revenue from those sales dropped due to economic uncertainty in some parts of the world, research firm Gartner said in a study released on Wednesday.
NEC is working on a new type of small data center unit that uses convection to slash power usage by a third, even in Japan's hot, sticky climate.
Dell on Thursday reported a sharp drop in revenue and profits for the third quarter as the weak PC market continued to weigh on its results.
Hewlett-Packard is taking a step away from traditional server design with the new Proliant SL4500 server, which mixes processing, networking and storage units to optimize performance of applications like OpenStack and Hadoop.
Looking beyond PCs and tablets, Lenovo on Monday announced the first server from the newly formed Enterprise Product Group, which deals in servers, storage, networking and software.
With a future in ARM servers looming, Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced its fastest 16-core Opteron 6300 server chips as the company continues to enhance its x86 chips.
Dell has built a prototype server based on a 64-bit ARM processor from Applied Micro Circuits, which showed the system at a conference in Silicon Valley on Thursday.
AMD has called a press conference in San Francisco on Monday where it's likely to announce plans for a SeaMicro server based on an upcoming 64-bit processor design from ARM.
In 2012 a fundamental change in server architecture could be on tap as companies look to cut data center costs with the help of technologies like ARM processors and graphics chips, analysts said.
Tech stocks looked strong Friday morning on the back of a week of upbeat surveys on small business and online spending, positive news about enterprise hardware and hopeful reports on U.S. employment and the European debt crisis.
Temperatures in Phoenix, Arizona -- one of the most arid places in the U.S. -- routinely exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius). That's about the opposite of the typical cool-weather environments companies often choose to build data cente...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW