VoIP PBXes, NTP servers, Web-controlled power strips - hack together one of these handy, cheap solutions for the server closet and beyond
servers in pictures
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
The outsized, the hefty and the completely ridiculous
Cisco this week rolled out a range of data center product enhancements and extensions, including new Unified Computing System (UCS) blade servers; Nexus 2000 fabric extenders; MDS 9000 series SAN switches; and an appliance that incorporates its Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
Your electric bills could soar if you kept Nvidia's monster DGX-1 computer running continuously for one month.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise will enter the fast-growing market for hyperconverged systems with a new product that it plans to unveil this month, according to CEO Meg Whitman..
Dell released a new family of servers on Tuesday for companies that want some of the benefits of hyper-scale data centers without having to do the custom engineering work.
Samsung's recent licensing of 64-bit processor designs from ARM suggests that the chip maker may expand from smartphones and tablets into the server market, analysts said this week.
Microsoft has been paying more attention lately to the small business audience, as well as the cloud. With the "Aurora" Small Business Server (SBS)--officially named Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, Microsoft delivers a solution that brings the...
Companies interested in taking advantage of what cloud computing has to offer, but reluctant to trust sensitive information off-site now have a new alternative with Microsoft's Windows Azure Platform appliance. Microsoft has teamed up with strategic ...
With cloud computing growing in popularity, SMBs are questioning whether it is more practical to co-locate their data centers or completely bypass that option and head into the cloud? First, let's briefly clarify the two:
Optimizing power consumption, CPU performance, and form factor is a never-ending battle in server design and IBM's Bladecenter HS22 succeeds on all counts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW