A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Semiconductor Industry Association
Increased sales of electronics and new forms of computing devices will drive the worldwide semiconductor market to growth this year after a slowdown in 2012, the nonprofit organization World Semiconductor Trade Statistics said on Monday.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD