A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Semiconductor Industry Association
Increased sales of electronics and new forms of computing devices will drive the worldwide semiconductor market to growth this year after a slowdown in 2012, the nonprofit organization World Semiconductor Trade Statistics said on Monday.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT