Earlier this week was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for June--a busy Patch Tuesday with ten new security bulletins fixing 34 different vulnerabilities. However, there is now a publicly disclosed vulnerability with potentially dire consequences that didn'...
A new, incredibly sneaky identity-theft tactic surfaced earlier this week when Mozilla's Aza Raskin, the creative lead of Firefox, unveiled what's become known as "tabnapping."
In 2003, author and security pioneer Simson Garfinkel conducted a study of data he found on second-hand hard drives. On eBay, Garfinkel bought the hard drive from an old ATM machine; it held 827 bank account PINs. Another drive he purchased on eBay h...
LAS VEGAS -- Corporations should institute daily one-minute Internet safety lessons that users must complete before they are allowed online, a security expert told Interop attendees this week, but he said even that might not work because attackers pa...
Windows 7 has been warmly received and swiftly adopted by businesses, with the result that many IT admins are now struggling with the platform's new security features. In addition to changes to User Account Control, BitLocker, and other features inhe...
A reader asked if it's really a good idea to supplement your regular antivirus program with something like SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I've recommended doing just that in the past.
A reader asked the Answer Line forum how she can remove a Trojan from an infected .dll file called infamiqayoq.dll. Her security software quarantined the file, but now she gets an error message every time she boots.
A reader asked the Answer Line forum if it's safe to work, say, on a Microsoft Word document, while scanning for malware.
After an ebb of only one patch in Microsoft's previous regular cycle, the flow resumed in force.
Samples of documents used in carefully prepared targeted attacks make clear that while a suspicious eye is a great security tool, some especially dangerous attacks might slide right by you.
Losing your laptop can be expensive in three ways. First, you'll spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace the hardware. Second, you'll suffer the time and aggravation of restoring your data, all the while hoping you have everything backed up...
A good password can mean the difference between identity safety and identity theft. Unfortunately, too many otherwise intelligent people rely on ridiculously weak passwords, the kind that make hackers rub their hands with glee.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or TLS (Transport Layer Security) encrypt your email connection so that your password and messages are scrambled to eavesdroppers. If you're only connecting through a wired, office PC, you'll face little exposure with non-e...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC