Earlier this week was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for June--a busy Patch Tuesday with ten new security bulletins fixing 34 different vulnerabilities. However, there is now a publicly disclosed vulnerability with potentially dire consequences that didn'...
A new, incredibly sneaky identity-theft tactic surfaced earlier this week when Mozilla's Aza Raskin, the creative lead of Firefox, unveiled what's become known as "tabnapping."
In 2003, author and security pioneer Simson Garfinkel conducted a study of data he found on second-hand hard drives. On eBay, Garfinkel bought the hard drive from an old ATM machine; it held 827 bank account PINs. Another drive he purchased on eBay h...
LAS VEGAS -- Corporations should institute daily one-minute Internet safety lessons that users must complete before they are allowed online, a security expert told Interop attendees this week, but he said even that might not work because attackers pa...
Windows 7 has been warmly received and swiftly adopted by businesses, with the result that many IT admins are now struggling with the platform's new security features. In addition to changes to User Account Control, BitLocker, and other features inhe...
A reader asked if it's really a good idea to supplement your regular antivirus program with something like SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I've recommended doing just that in the past.
A reader asked the Answer Line forum how she can remove a Trojan from an infected .dll file called infamiqayoq.dll. Her security software quarantined the file, but now she gets an error message every time she boots.
A reader asked the Answer Line forum if it's safe to work, say, on a Microsoft Word document, while scanning for malware.
After an ebb of only one patch in Microsoft's previous regular cycle, the flow resumed in force.
Samples of documents used in carefully prepared targeted attacks make clear that while a suspicious eye is a great security tool, some especially dangerous attacks might slide right by you.
Losing your laptop can be expensive in three ways. First, you'll spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace the hardware. Second, you'll suffer the time and aggravation of restoring your data, all the while hoping you have everything backed up...
A good password can mean the difference between identity safety and identity theft. Unfortunately, too many otherwise intelligent people rely on ridiculously weak passwords, the kind that make hackers rub their hands with glee.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or TLS (Transport Layer Security) encrypt your email connection so that your password and messages are scrambled to eavesdroppers. If you're only connecting through a wired, office PC, you'll face little exposure with non-e...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW