First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
An ultra-secure Kingston USB thumb drive for travelling professionals
AVG Internet Security 9.0: Solid detection, but needs a makeover
McAfee Internet Security 2010: Nice interface but slow scans
Panda Internet Security 2010 has good extras, but falls short
Webroot Internet Security Essentials falls short on new-threat detection
PC Tools, now owned by Symantec, detected and disabled all active infections on our test PC
Alwil Avast! Internet Security 5.0 did a reasonably good job at stopping active infections on our test PC
BitDefender Internet Security 2010 provides solid protection at a low price.
BullGuard Internet Security 9.0 is a subtle update to Bullguard Internet Security 8.5, available for free for existing subscribers
Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 adds Norton Insight to speed up quick scans for this comprehensive Windows security package
Trend Micro HouseCall is a free utility that scans for and removes viruses, Trojans, and other malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is like going to another doctor for a second opinion, except that you don't have to make an appointment
Although the Netgear ProSecure STM600 doesn't match the feature set and flexibility of some of the high-end web security gateways from vendors such as Bluecoat, Cisco and Trend Micro, it has a robust and solid design appropriate to midsized and small businesses
Anti-virus software for the Mac remains a contentious topic, not least because - today at least - there are no viruses that can infect the Macintosh. But that's not to say that there is no malware crafted to infiltrate OS X.
Seagate's BlackArmor WS 110 external hard drive offers hardware-based encryption
Latest News Articles
- Could Bitcoin's frothy venture funding dry up?
- AT&T to report on government requests for user data
- Alcatel sells federal technology unit for US$200 million
- Wall Street Beat: Economic growth, software news and BlackBerry deal boost tech stocks
- NSA defends foreign surveillance after new reports of targets
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Portable Air Conditioners
- 2 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 LCD vs plasma vs LED TVs buying guide
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- TabletsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »