A 30-year old international treaty covering data protection is undergoing a partial rewrite to reflect new concerns in the age of the Internet.
An unpatched Yahoo Messenger vulnerability that allows attackers to change people's status messages and possibly perform other unauthorized actions can be exploited to spam malicious links to a large number of users.
Concern in the European Union that U.S. data protection laws are too lax has created a new market for European cloud computing services.
Verizon Wireless said Thursday it doesn't add to its phones any software from Carrier IQ, the company that has come under fire in the past few days for what some say amounts to spying on mobile phone users.
Many smartphone users are wondering whether their Android, Nokia and BlackBerry devices are spying on them after security researcher Trevor Eckhart recently claimed that a piece of diagnostic software on the phones was acting like malware.
In a perfect world, wireless carriers would respond to the discovery of Carrier IQ with straight answers.
A new bill introduced by senior members of the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee would allow intelligence agencies to share classified cyber-threat information with approved U.S. companies, while encouraging companies to share thei...
Hacktivist groups Anonymous and TeaMp0isoN have joined together in a new campaign that involves compromising credit card details and using them to donate money to charities, homeless people and anti-government protesters around the world.
So you're at the company Christmas party, and you've drank too much. The next day, an unflattering photo is on Facebook, but you don't know it since you haven't been tagged.
MobileIron hopes to help businesses prepare for what it believes will be an onslaught of Android phones in 2012 with an updated version of its mobile device management software.
Privacy and technology groups generally applauded a wide-ranging settlement between Facebook and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the social-networking site's privacy practices.
Facebook has agreed to settle US Federal Trade Commission charges that it deceived consumers "on numerous occasions" by telling them they could keep their personal information private, then repeatedly sharing that information, the agency said Tuesday...
To make it simpler for businesses to comply with the multiplicity of data protection regimes across Europe, Viviane Reding envisages letting European Union companies set their own privacy rules -- as long as they agree with one national data protecti...
WatchGuard's latest security appliance, the XTM 330, allows business travelers from small enterprises to use their iPads or iPhones to communicate securely with the office, the vendor said on Tuesday.
Facebook's community forum was flooded during the Thanksgiving weekend with spam messages that advertised live streaming links for various sporting events.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT