Hackers calling themselves the Script Kiddies took control of the NBC News Twitter account on Friday afternoon and used it to send out a series of hoax Twitter messages claiming there was a repeat terrorist attack on New York's Ground Zero.
An Indiana man who manufactured counterfeit credit cards and sold them online was sentenced Friday to 14 years in prison for wire fraud and aggravated identity theft, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Apple is rolling out an OS X patch to deal with the DigiNotar threat. DigiNotar will be removed from the list of trusted root certificates.
A leading international consumer group has called on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the European Union's main body for data protection, the Article 29 Working Group, to reject self-regulation of online behavioral advertising.
Google is directly contacting users in Iran, who may have been compromised by a rogue SSL certificate, to recommend measures to secure their accounts.
Microsoft today said it will dispense five security updates next week to patch 15 vulnerabilities in Windows, Excel, SharePoint Server and Groove.
The hackers who broke into EMC's RSA Security division last March used the same attack code to try to break into several other companies, including two U.S. national security organizations, according to data provided by the VirusTotal website.
Following the high-profile hack of DigiNotar, the makers of the Firefox browser are asking issuers of digital certificates to take a hard look at their internal security and to report back in a week.
The Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks led to scores of changes in how U.S. residents live and do business, and the IT industry was not spared.
Citing "panic" resulting from a hack on Dutch SSL certificate provider DigiNotar, Symantec has confirmed that its SSL Certificate Authorities VeriSign, Thawte, GeoTrust and RapidSSL roots remain secure."Yesterday a Dutch government agency erroneously...
If your company suffered a data breach, would you know what to do to comply with state, federal and local law? Start-up Co3 Systems is offering a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application to tackle that unhappy task, tracking how a corporate data-loss...
For years, Facebook users have been clamoring for better privacy controls and clarity, while Facebook engineers oscillate between improvements and major privacy snafus. Every now and then a new wave of exasperated users cry out "That's it, I'm leavin...
Young males in emerging markets are the most likely to fall victim to cybercrime, whose total cost per year is approaching the scale of illegal drug trafficking worldwide, according to a study by the Norton division of Symantec.
Analysts at an Israeli company that infiltrates online forums to identify terrorists often claim responsibility for attacks to bolster their credibility, according to a recently-leaked cable from the U.S. Department of State.
Hackers are using a new trick to cloak malicious files by disguising their Windows file extensions to make them appear safe to download, a Czech security company warned today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
- Bit by bit, Intel looks to quadruple SSD storage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW