With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
Millions of Android devices are at risk yet again after researchers found a new way to exploit an older vulnerability that was previously patched by Google.
The latest version of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has tidied up a weakness in previous versions that in some cases allowed victims to recover their files without paying a ransom.
Tens of thousands of Web browsers may have been exposed to ransomware and other malware over the last few days after malicious advertisements appeared on high-profile websites.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
Google has released 16 patches for Android, including one for a critical remote execution vulnerability in the operating system's mediaserver.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
There's a disturbing new angle to cyberattacks that has become more common over the last year, and it is proving costly for organizations: extortion.
Attackers are still trying to find Magento installations that haven't patched a particularly bad vulnerability, this time trying to trick people into downloading a fake patch.
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
Malwarebytes said it may take three to four weeks to fix flaws in its consumer product found by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy.
FireEye said Monday it has acquired Invotas, a company that develops a platform that helps administrators respond faster to security incidents.
The OpenSSL project has patched a problem in the cryptographic library but one that likely does not affect many popular applications.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC