The U.S. online advertising industry has not lived up to a promise to stop the online tracking of Internet users who ask advertisers to do so, a senior U.S. senator said Wednesday.
A recently patched Java remote code execution vulnerability is already being exploited by cybercriminals in mass attacks to infect computers with scareware, security researchers warn.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking to expand its security offerings with hosted intrusion protection appliances and more extensive encryption features, as it looks to increase the level of protection users can get in its cloud.
A well-known cyber-spying tool called Gh0st RAT is still being employed in stealthy malware attacks, according to a new report from security firm FireEye.
Getting hacked on Twitter is fast becoming a rite of passage for big corporations, but Tuesday's attack on the Associated Press could be a tipping point and shows that social networks must do more to keep their users safe, security experts said.
Australia has charged a 24-year-old man who allegedly defaced a government website earlier this month and claims to be the leader of LulzSec, a rogue inactive hacking group.
Java vulnerability hunters from Polish security research firm Security Explorations claim to have found a new vulnerability that affects the latest desktop and server versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
After facing a congressional battering over security concerns, Huawei's carrier networking group is no longer focused on the US market, and instead expects to find ample business in other parts of the world.
Twitter users in the Netherlands are being targeted by a piece of malware that hijacks their accounts, according to security vendor Trusteer.
Even though the majority of data breaches continue to be the result of financially motivated cybercriminal attacks, cyberespionage activities are also responsible for a significant number of data theft incidents, according to a report that will be re...
Google must pay a €145,000 (US$190,000) fine in Germany for gathering and storing emails, photos, passwords and chat protocols from unprotected Wi-Fi networks with Google Street View cars, Hamburg's Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Inf...
The largest bitcoin exchange, Mt. Gox, is in a continuing battle with miscreants trying to manipulate the price of the virtual currency.
Researchers from security firm Trusteer have found a new variant of the Gozi banking Trojan program that infects a computer's Master Boot Record (MBR) in order to achieve persistence.
Cody Andrew Kretsinger, a 25-year-old man from Decatur, Illinois, was sentenced Thursday to one year in federal prison for his role in a May 2011 breach of a Sony Pictures website and database.
Wikileaks' latest release is billed as a transcript of a "secret meeting," but it may more accurately be termed a promotion.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC