Researchers from security firm Trusteer have found a new variant of the Gozi banking Trojan program that infects a computer's Master Boot Record (MBR) in order to achieve persistence.
Cody Andrew Kretsinger, a 25-year-old man from Decatur, Illinois, was sentenced Thursday to one year in federal prison for his role in a May 2011 breach of a Sony Pictures website and database.
Wikileaks' latest release is billed as a transcript of a "secret meeting," but it may more accurately be termed a promotion.
A Russian porn site is delivering malware that uses the victims' computers to mine bitcoins, according to research from ThreatTrack Security.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill, despite opposition from the White House and several privacy and digital rights groups.
Security researchers from Russian cybercrime investigations company Groub-IB have recently identified a new piece of malware designed to steal login credentials from specialized software used to trade stocks and other securities online.
Thirteen popular home and small office routers contain security problems that could allow a hacker to snoop or modify network traffic, according to new research.
The volume of mobile spam messages touting free gift cards sharply fell after the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) filed complaints in early March against eight companies, according to antispam vendor Cloudmark.
The U.S. House of Representatives moved closer Wednesday toward the passage of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), despite concerns that the cyberthreat information-sharing bill will allow Web-based companies to share a wide am...
Following similar initiatives by Apple, Google and Facebook, Microsoft is enabling two-factor authentication for its Microsoft Account service, the log-on service for many of its online and desktop products.
The volume, duration and frequency of distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks used to flood websites and other systems with junk traffic have significantly increased during the first three months of this year, according to a report released Wedn...
The chief sponsor of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in the U.S. Congress has ignited a Twitter storm by suggesting many opponents of the proposed cyberthreat sharing bill are 14-year-olds in basements.
Smartphones with custom versions of Android offered by large mobile operators in the U.S. are not getting security updates as regularly as phones from Google, or smartphones from other vendors like Microsoft, according to a complaint by the American ...
Security vendor AVG has released an application for Android that lets users adjust power settings and manage applications to conserve battery power.
The White House has threatened to veto the controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in its present form, citing concerns that the bill does not adequately prevent sharing of irrelevant personal information.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA