An online protest against the surveillance programs of the U.S. National Security Agency planned for July 4 was off to a slow start Thursday morning, despite expectations it would see participation from thousands of websites.
China saw an increase in Trojan and botnet attacks coming from other countries in 2012, as the amount of mobile malware in the country also surged, according to a local security group.
A persistent, widespread malware campaign that utilizes compromised Apache servers is locking users' computers and demanding a fee of US$300 to free their data.
We believe Apple will introduce the iPad 5 at a separate event in October, just like last year, and push the release date of the iPad 5, as well as the sequel to last year's iPad Mini, to late October 2013.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
A simple piece of malicious software is circulating that steals Litecoins, a virtual currency based on the Bitcoin system.
Game maker Ubisoft said on Tuesday an account database was breached due to unauthorized access of one of its websites, revealing users' personal information.
A large coalition of civil rights and privacy groups and potentially thousands of websites will stage protests on the Fourth of July to protest surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency.
A 30-year-old Bulgarian was extradited to the U.S. from Paraguay in order to face charges related to his alleged involvement in Shadowcrew, a large cybercrime forum that was dismantled by U.S. authorities in 2004.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
A U.S. man prosecuted for exposing a weakness in how AT&T handled the personal data of its iPad users filed an appeal on Monday of his conviction and 41-month sentence.
Applications for asylum or asylum assistance were submitted on behalf of former U.S. National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden to a number of countries including China, Russia, and India, whistle-blower site WikiLeaks said Tuesday.
It's been a busy six months for security chills and spills, so here's our semi-annual update on the "biggest security snafus so far" this year.
Some websites and mobile app developers are confused about how to comply with revised rules governing the online collection of personal information from children that took effect in the U.S. Monday, critics said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC