Hardware appliances used by broadcasters to transmit emergency communications contained vulnerabilities that could be exploited over the Internet, although patches are now available.
The U.S. government can no longer refuse to litigate wiretapping cases on the grounds that they would expose state secrets and undermine national security, a U.S. court has ruled.
A secret surveillance court has exceeded its legal authority by allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect customer telephone records from Verizon Communications, a privacy group said in a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The Brazilian government has formally asked the U.S. government for clarification regarding the alleged large-scale interception of electronic communications of Brazilian citizens by the U.S. National Security Agency.
Nintendo said a main fan site was hit by a wave of illicit login attempts in Japan over the last month, with attackers gaining access to nearly 24,000 accounts containing users' real names, addresses, phone numbers and emails information.
Venezuela's president Nicolas Maduro has offered to give asylum to Edward Snowden, the former contractor of the National Security Agency who leaked documents about the agency's surveillance programs.
Several members of the Icelandic Parliament introduced a bill Thursday that seeks to grant Icelandic citizenship to U.S. National Security Agency document leaker Edward Snowden, but the bill won't be discussed until September.
A European Union team will arrive in Washington DC on Monday to assess how the United States is using data it receives from the E.U.
A privacy debate has erupted in Japan over a new service from a major rail operator that sells private e-ticket records as marketing data.
Microsoft's monthly patch release for July will cover seven security issues, six of which could be remotely exploited by an attacker.
The founder of an eavesdropping-resistant instant messaging application called Cryptocat has apologized over a now-fixed bug that made some types of messages more vulnerable to snooping.
Cyber criminals will face tougher penalties across the European Union, under new rules adopted by the European Parliament on Thursday.
The European Parliament on Thursday gave its consent to suspend data-sharing deals with the United States following the allegations about spying and the Prism scandal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT