A new version of a file-infecting malware program that's being distributed through drive-by download attacks is also capable of stealing FTP (File Transfer Protocol) credentials, according to security researchers from antivirus firm Trend Micro.
Microsoft has already received several vulnerability reports that qualify for monetary rewards as part of the company's bug bounty program launched in June for the preview version of Internet Explorer 11.
A Japanese ministry is conducting an internal investigation after a Google Groups account used for international treaty negotiations was left on its default, publicly viewable settings.
Insurance provider WellPoint has agreed to pay a $1.7 million fine for exposing more than 600,000 personal records online due to weak database security, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) said Thursday.
Microsoft helped the U.S. National Security Agency circumvent the company's own encryption in order to conduct surveillance on email accounts through Outlook.com, according to a new report in the Guardian.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
The organizers of the Defcon hacking convention have publicly asked U.S. federal government workers not to attend the event this year due to tension in the hacker community caused by the recent revelations about the U.S. government's electronic surve...
Yahoo wants the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to order the public release of a secret order in a 2008 surveillance dispute, as it will demonstrate that the Internet company "objected strenuously" to government directives.
Security warnings displayed by Web browsers are far more effective at deterring risky Internet behavior than was previously believed, according to a new study.
Peter Sunde, the co-founder of BitTorrent search engine The Pirate Bay, is working on developing a secure mobile messaging app and service that's intended to be safe from government surveillance and be user friendly at the same time.
Game maker Konami said one of its online portals has been hit by a mass of illicit login attempts, with attackers gaining access to over 35,000 accounts, just days after Nintendo revealed a similar attack on one of its sites.
Nintendo has won a court case in Tokyo against sellers of illegal game emulators for its DS handheld console, part of its ongoing legal campaign to stamp out the products under toughened Japanese laws.
Paying rewards to independent security researchers for finding software problems is a vastly better investment than hiring employees to do the same work, according to researchers from the University of California Berkeley.
The latest major version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, is now the most widely used variant of the platform, according to new statistics from Google.
Of the six critical security bulletins Microsoft issued in its Patch Tuesday monthly release of software updates, three address a vulnerability in how Microsoft software renders fonts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA