The antivirus engine used in multiple Symantec products had an easy to exploit vulnerability that could have allowed hackers to easily compromise computers.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
Faced with few options, companies are increasingly ceding to cyberattackers' demands for payment after holding their stolen data hostage, while law enforcement struggles to catch nearly invisible foes.
Security experts have devised a method that allows users to recover data from computers infected with the Petya ransomware program without paying money to cybercriminals.
A proposal from two senior U.S. senators would force tech companies to give technical assistance to law enforcement agencies trying to break into encrypted devices.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
Millions of Android devices are at risk yet again after researchers found a new way to exploit an older vulnerability that was previously patched by Google.
The latest version of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has tidied up a weakness in previous versions that in some cases allowed victims to recover their files without paying a ransom.
Tens of thousands of Web browsers may have been exposed to ransomware and other malware over the last few days after malicious advertisements appeared on high-profile websites.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
Google has released 16 patches for Android, including one for a critical remote execution vulnerability in the operating system's mediaserver.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW