Faced with few options, companies are increasingly ceding to cyberattackers' demands for payment after holding their stolen data hostage, while law enforcement struggles to catch nearly invisible foes.
Security experts have devised a method that allows users to recover data from computers infected with the Petya ransomware program without paying money to cybercriminals.
A proposal from two senior U.S. senators would force tech companies to give technical assistance to law enforcement agencies trying to break into encrypted devices.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
An alternate method for infecting computers with ransomware signals a shift in tactics by cybercriminals that could put businesses at greater risk, according to Symantec.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
Millions of Android devices are at risk yet again after researchers found a new way to exploit an older vulnerability that was previously patched by Google.
The latest version of the TeslaCrypt ransomware has tidied up a weakness in previous versions that in some cases allowed victims to recover their files without paying a ransom.
Tens of thousands of Web browsers may have been exposed to ransomware and other malware over the last few days after malicious advertisements appeared on high-profile websites.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
Google has released 16 patches for Android, including one for a critical remote execution vulnerability in the operating system's mediaserver.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
There's a disturbing new angle to cyberattacks that has become more common over the last year, and it is proving costly for organizations: extortion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCPeoplesoft HR StrategistACT
- CCTransition ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW