Once upon a time, instant messaging was a consumer technology. That consumer toy worked its way into the corporate network and was eventually not just accepted, but embraced and leveraged as a valuable tool.
Last week a flawed DAT file from McAfee led to false positives crashing Windows XP systems and leading to a massive cleanup effort. It would be very easy to simply point the finger at McAfee, terminate the employment of a scapegoat security engineer ...
In 1993, Private Investigator Joe Seanor had wrapped up employment stints in the CIA and the Department of Justice, and was looking for something new in his professional life.
The last thing any of us need these days is another uninformed discourse on health care, but I tend to wade in where others have the common sense to keep out.
iPhones appear to pose greater security risks than Android, Blackberry and Nokia smart phones, but is this really the case? An nCircle survey says yes, security expert Charlie Miller says not necessarily, and Pwn2Own sponsor TippingPoint won't say.
So far 2010 hasn't been kind to the Microsoft Internet Explorer Web browser. It is only March, and Microsoft is releasing the second emergency out-of-band patch to respond to a zero-day exploit in the wild.
A security researcher has published exploit code for the latest Internet Explorer zero-day flaw on the Web and Microsoft is warning that more attacks against the unpatched vulnerability can be expected in-the-wild. One thing seems to be more apparent...
Cybercrime is becoming an ever increasing threat.
Lock down your PC.
Dear Facebook, I appreciate your service. I really do.
Kaspersky Lab may not be a household name in the United States, but in some parts of the world, it's the most popular consumer antivirus software. In China the company boasts 100 million users, and the software is also popular in Germany, and, of cou...
Do you know how to guard against scareware? How about Trojan horse text messages? Or social network data harvesting?
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
Many organizations are embracing SOA as a way to increase application flexibility, make integration more manageable, lower development costs, and better align technology systems to business processes. The appeal of SOA is that it divides an organizat...
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW