Once upon a time, instant messaging was a consumer technology. That consumer toy worked its way into the corporate network and was eventually not just accepted, but embraced and leveraged as a valuable tool.
Last week a flawed DAT file from McAfee led to false positives crashing Windows XP systems and leading to a massive cleanup effort. It would be very easy to simply point the finger at McAfee, terminate the employment of a scapegoat security engineer ...
In 1993, Private Investigator Joe Seanor had wrapped up employment stints in the CIA and the Department of Justice, and was looking for something new in his professional life.
The last thing any of us need these days is another uninformed discourse on health care, but I tend to wade in where others have the common sense to keep out.
iPhones appear to pose greater security risks than Android, Blackberry and Nokia smart phones, but is this really the case? An nCircle survey says yes, security expert Charlie Miller says not necessarily, and Pwn2Own sponsor TippingPoint won't say.
So far 2010 hasn't been kind to the Microsoft Internet Explorer Web browser. It is only March, and Microsoft is releasing the second emergency out-of-band patch to respond to a zero-day exploit in the wild.
A security researcher has published exploit code for the latest Internet Explorer zero-day flaw on the Web and Microsoft is warning that more attacks against the unpatched vulnerability can be expected in-the-wild. One thing seems to be more apparent...
Cybercrime is becoming an ever increasing threat.
Lock down your PC.
Dear Facebook, I appreciate your service. I really do.
Kaspersky Lab may not be a household name in the United States, but in some parts of the world, it's the most popular consumer antivirus software. In China the company boasts 100 million users, and the software is also popular in Germany, and, of cou...
Do you know how to guard against scareware? How about Trojan horse text messages? Or social network data harvesting?
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
Many organizations are embracing SOA as a way to increase application flexibility, make integration more manageable, lower development costs, and better align technology systems to business processes. The appeal of SOA is that it divides an organizat...
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC