The number of zero-day and Web browser vulnerabilities shot up in 2014, but overall software vendors are patching faster.
The popular Full-Disclosure mailing list that has served as a public discussion forum for vulnerability researchers for the past 12 years was suspended indefinitely by its maintainer.
Recently released security updates for the popular Joomla content management system (CMS) address a SQL injection vulnerability that poses a high risk and can be exploited to extract information from the databases of Joomla-based sites.
The number of vulnerabilities found in Microsoft's Windows 7 and XP operating systems doubled last year over 2012, with the highest number of flaws reported in Windows 8, according to new research from Secunia.
A hacker released what he claims is a zero-day exploit for older versions of the Parallels Plesk Panel, a popular Web hosting administration software package, that could allow attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code and execute rogue commands on Web s...
Google wants vendors to fix or offer mitigation advice for previously unknown and actively exploited software vulnerabilities within seven days of their discovery.
The development team behind the popular Nginx open-source Web server software released security updates on Tuesday to address a highly critical vulnerability that could be exploited by remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on susceptible servers...
A critical buffer overflow vulnerability patched this week in the widely used open-source cURL library (libcurl) has the potential to expose a large number of applications and systems to remote code execution attacks.
Versions 2.0.5 and earlier of the popular VLC media player software contain a critical vulnerability that can be potentially exploited by attackers to execute malicious code on computers.
Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
Foxit released version 5.4.5 of its Foxit Reader PDF viewer plug-in on Thursday in order to address a critical remote code execution vulnerability that could have allowed attackers to compromise computers running previous versions of the software.
Foxit Reader, a PDF viewer application often used as an alternative to the more popular Adobe Reader, contains a critical vulnerability in its browser plug-in component that can be exploited by attackers to execute arbitrary code on computers.
An increasing number of vulnerability researchers will focus their attention on industrial control systems (ICS) in the year to come, but so will cyberattackers, security experts believe.
A recent Java 7 update allows users to completely prevent Java applications from running inside browsers or to restrict how Web-based Java content is handled by the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) client. These features will benefit security-conscious...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD