One of China's most popular social media services, Sina Weibo, filed papers on Friday for an initial public offering in the U.S. with the target of raising US$500 million.
Salesforce.com's rapid growth is now being fueled increasingly by large deals for its cloud software, according to CEO Marc Benioff.
Aerohive Networks, a networking vendor that's bullish on the convergence of enterprise wired and wireless LANs, aims to raise US$75 million through an initial public offering.
Satya Nadella will get US$1.2 million in salary for his first year as CEO of Microsoft, the company said Tuesday.
When Google awarded Eric Schmidt a US$100 million stock bonus in 2011 it was seen as unprecedented for the company. Now it's doing it again.
The total compensation packages of top executives at Intel fell sharply in 2013 as a result of changes in the way the chip maker pays senior employees.
Hewlett-Packard has revised financial reports for its Autonomy division after the company said that an audit turned up a number of serious accounting errors.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Oracle's second-quarter revenue rose 2 percent to US$9.3 billion while net income dropped 1 percent to $2.6 billion, with new software license and cloud subscription revenue flat and hardware product revenue continuing a long slide.
AT&T wants to silence a shareholder proposal that it disclose the government requests it receives for customer information, rejecting a step that Google, Microsoft and other Internet companies have already taken.
U.S. securities regulators questioned an early version of Twitter's initial public offering prospectus that claimed the social media company was becoming more profitable when it was actually losing increasing amounts of money.
Twitter has set its IPO price at US$26 per share, a dollar above the top end of the price range it predicted earlier this week.
The New York Stock Exchange has formally approved Twitter stock for trading, making it likely that the much-anticipated initial public offering will take place on Thursday.
Twitter on Monday increased the price of shares in its initial public offering to a range of US$23 to $25 per share and also revealed that IBM has claimed the company has infringed on several patents.
A majority of Oracle shareholders have once again voted against the company's executive pay practices, including for CEO Larry Ellison.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Application SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW