Microsoft is gaining new ground with its freshly rebranded Bing search engine, some recently released data suggests. Bing, the research finds, grew 0.8 percent during its second week online.
Now that its available, my first experiences with Microsoft Bing lead me to a simple, inescapable conclusion, "So what?" I had imagined that something as widely hyped as Bing would be a life-changing experience. It wasn't. Not even close.
At last, Bing has arrived. I tested a preview release of Microsoft's new search/decision engine, previously called Kumo, to see how well it compares. Here's a breakdown of its new features and how well they perform.
The natural-language search engine Wolfram Alpha is expected to launch May 18 and more details about the site are emerging. Most notably, Stephen Wolfram, Wolfram Alpha's creator and the brain behind the computational software Mathematica, says his s...
Search engines get to grips with Web 2.0
Social media experts, an IT staffing firm and pros at Microsoft, IBM and Dell reveal ways to boost -- or bust -- your reputation
An unsavory connection from your past. An annoying link to your name that's dragging down your career. A spicy quote you tossed off to a reporter that you wish you could take back.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA