A professional unit for any office that has demanding document scanning needs
HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One printer review: one of the best printers of 2010 for home use
This budget Dell laser printer can pump out black and white text pages quickly and with decent quality
Scanners in pictures
How we will print and scan in the future
3D printing may have an image problem. It's sometimes seen as a hobbyist pursuit -- a fun way to build knickknacks from your living room desktop -- but a growing number of companies are giving serious thought to the technology to help get new ideas o...
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Xerox will disable a scanner setting in some of its WorkCentre products that can sometimes result in figures being altered in scanned documents.
Japan's Casio is preparing to launch a new Android tablet for businesses that acts as a personal scanner.
The space required to store paper documents can be a problem. Digitizing your documents renders them exquisitely portable--you can store an entire library on your e-book reader with ease. And because paper documents can be turned into editable comput...
Today the digital camera is ubiquitous, but photos used to be taken by momentarily exposing something called "film" to light. Yes, film--the ode to photo-sensitive chemical reactions that produced all of the pictures made before 1990 or so. Those ima...
Drowning in paper? Don't have time to feed hundreds of documents into your scanner? A Web service called Pixily will turn your hard copies into electronic documents you can store, share, and search online.
Filing is no easier in the digital age. Now we have electronic receipts stashed in email messages or on cloud services or on our phones, in addition to the paper documents stuffed in file cabinets and perhaps left in little piles here and there aroun...
How we will print and scan in the future
If you've got a filing cabinet - or desk - overflowing with documents, or if you want more thoughtful file management in general, a scanner can save you space, time, and ultimately money.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia