Japan's Softbank will soon offer a new satellite phone for use in earthquakes and other natural disasters.
The FCC will allow cellular services on a large block of satellite spectrum held by Dish Network and auction off another set of frequencies to raise money for an LTE public safety network around the U.S.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
LightSquared and a partner, Javad GNSS, showed off a filter and an antenna on Thursday that they said would solve the anticipated GPS interference problem that has plagued the carrier's plan to deploy an LTE network in frequencies near those used by ...
LightSquared's plan to build a mobile broadband network on spectrum next to the GPS band could create major problems for U.S. farmers and aviators, critics of the proposal told lawmakers Wednesday.
Ken Murdoch's colleagues at the Save the Children Federation venture where few corporate workers go: war-torn countries, poverty-stricken regions and areas devastated by natural disasters. Yet this CIO's 30-member IT team must provide the same techno...
LightSquared may take legal action if it is denied permission to build its planned LTE network because of concerns over interference between that network and GPS, an executive said Monday.
LightSquared has lined up Sharp as its first partner to build smartphones and tablets for its planned LTE network, as the carrier stepped up its rhetoric about interference between that network and GPS.
LightSquared said late Sunday that it planned to run the next day in major newspapers in the U.S. an open letter explaining its position over the controversy surrounding its LTE (long-term evolution) network, particularly concerns about its interfere...
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
LightSquared said Wednesday it has an affordable solution to interference between its 4G network and GPS systems and will have working units available for tests planned by the U.S. government in the coming months.
LightSquared's and Dish Network's proposals to use satellite spectrum for 4G networks aren't necessarily competing for FCC approval, but either one could make the U.S. mobile broadband business more competitive if it clears significant hurdles.
Satellite TV provider Dish Network hopes to build a 4G cellular network, if the U.S. Federal Communications Commission permits it, according to a filing the satellite provider made on Monday.
LightSquared said Monday it will donate as many as 2,000 satellite phones, with service, to a health agency serving American Indians in rural areas.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- 5G will help autonomous cars cruise streets safely
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW