Japan's Softbank will soon offer a new satellite phone for use in earthquakes and other natural disasters.
The FCC will allow cellular services on a large block of satellite spectrum held by Dish Network and auction off another set of frequencies to raise money for an LTE public safety network around the U.S.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
LightSquared and a partner, Javad GNSS, showed off a filter and an antenna on Thursday that they said would solve the anticipated GPS interference problem that has plagued the carrier's plan to deploy an LTE network in frequencies near those used by ...
LightSquared's plan to build a mobile broadband network on spectrum next to the GPS band could create major problems for U.S. farmers and aviators, critics of the proposal told lawmakers Wednesday.
Ken Murdoch's colleagues at the Save the Children Federation venture where few corporate workers go: war-torn countries, poverty-stricken regions and areas devastated by natural disasters. Yet this CIO's 30-member IT team must provide the same techno...
LightSquared may take legal action if it is denied permission to build its planned LTE network because of concerns over interference between that network and GPS, an executive said Monday.
LightSquared has lined up Sharp as its first partner to build smartphones and tablets for its planned LTE network, as the carrier stepped up its rhetoric about interference between that network and GPS.
LightSquared said late Sunday that it planned to run the next day in major newspapers in the U.S. an open letter explaining its position over the controversy surrounding its LTE (long-term evolution) network, particularly concerns about its interfere...
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
LightSquared said Wednesday it has an affordable solution to interference between its 4G network and GPS systems and will have working units available for tests planned by the U.S. government in the coming months.
LightSquared's and Dish Network's proposals to use satellite spectrum for 4G networks aren't necessarily competing for FCC approval, but either one could make the U.S. mobile broadband business more competitive if it clears significant hurdles.
Satellite TV provider Dish Network hopes to build a 4G cellular network, if the U.S. Federal Communications Commission permits it, according to a filing the satellite provider made on Monday.
LightSquared said Monday it will donate as many as 2,000 satellite phones, with service, to a health agency serving American Indians in rural areas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC