Japan's Softbank will soon offer a new satellite phone for use in earthquakes and other natural disasters.
The FCC will allow cellular services on a large block of satellite spectrum held by Dish Network and auction off another set of frequencies to raise money for an LTE public safety network around the U.S.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
LightSquared and a partner, Javad GNSS, showed off a filter and an antenna on Thursday that they said would solve the anticipated GPS interference problem that has plagued the carrier's plan to deploy an LTE network in frequencies near those used by ...
LightSquared's plan to build a mobile broadband network on spectrum next to the GPS band could create major problems for U.S. farmers and aviators, critics of the proposal told lawmakers Wednesday.
Ken Murdoch's colleagues at the Save the Children Federation venture where few corporate workers go: war-torn countries, poverty-stricken regions and areas devastated by natural disasters. Yet this CIO's 30-member IT team must provide the same techno...
LightSquared may take legal action if it is denied permission to build its planned LTE network because of concerns over interference between that network and GPS, an executive said Monday.
LightSquared has lined up Sharp as its first partner to build smartphones and tablets for its planned LTE network, as the carrier stepped up its rhetoric about interference between that network and GPS.
LightSquared said late Sunday that it planned to run the next day in major newspapers in the U.S. an open letter explaining its position over the controversy surrounding its LTE (long-term evolution) network, particularly concerns about its interfere...
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
LightSquared said Wednesday it has an affordable solution to interference between its 4G network and GPS systems and will have working units available for tests planned by the U.S. government in the coming months.
LightSquared's and Dish Network's proposals to use satellite spectrum for 4G networks aren't necessarily competing for FCC approval, but either one could make the U.S. mobile broadband business more competitive if it clears significant hurdles.
Satellite TV provider Dish Network hopes to build a 4G cellular network, if the U.S. Federal Communications Commission permits it, according to a filing the satellite provider made on Monday.
LightSquared said Monday it will donate as many as 2,000 satellite phones, with service, to a health agency serving American Indians in rural areas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC