Workday is launching a reworked user interface for its cloud-based HCM (human capital management) and financial software that it believes will appeal to employees of all ages, from millennials to workers who remember the days of green-screen terminal...
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected an appeal from SAP of a US$391 million judgment given to Versata Software in a patent lawsuit the latter filed, but SAP is vowing to fight onward.
SAP plans to increase its total revenue to at least €22 billion (US$30 billion), with revenue from its cloud business expected to grow up to €3.5 billion by 2017.
SAP's business is gradually shifting to the SaaS (software as a service) model while sales of its Hana in-memory database platform continue to grow quickly, according to preliminary fourth-quarter and year-end results the company released Friday.
Microsoft is rounding out its Dynamics CRM (customer relationship management) product by acquiring Parature, maker of cloud-based software companies can use to create self-service portals for customers.
While the bulk of enterprise software is still deployed on-premises, SaaS (software as a service) continues to undergo rapid growth. Gartner has said the total market will top $22 billion through 2015, up from more than $14 billion in 2012.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Building products manufacturer Quanex has stopped the rollout of an SAP ERP (enterprise resource planning) implementation, but due to a shift in corporate strategy rather than major problems with the software.
The head of SAP has been appointed to a top European Union group tasked with coming up with new ways to tax the digital economy it was announced on Thursday.
Avon Products has halted the rollout of a global SAP implementation, with the cosmetics maker saying in a regulatory filing that a pilot program in Canada caused "significant business disruption in that market, and did not show a clear return on inve...
Oracle has launched the fifth version of its Exadata database appliance, claiming the release provides in many areas double the performance of previous-generation machines.
SAP has made a series of announcements aimed at bringing more software developers into its fold, making their jobs easier and bolstering the reach of its HANA in-memory computing platform.
Trends come and go in the technology industry but some things, such as IT system failures, bloom eternal.
It's been another busy year in the enterprise software industry, marked by high-profile acquisitions and IPOs, the rise of in-memory computing, a red-hot HCM (human capital management) market, and even the apparent settling of a long-running Silicon ...
SAP has been slapped with a lawsuit by California's state controller over a payroll software implementation the office says cost taxpayers a vast sum of money, but has never worked correctly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- Smartphone share of overall mobile phone sales stalling at 70 percent
- Pirate Bay co-founder found guilty of hacking in Denmark
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW