It's been nearly four years since SAP got into enterprise mobility with the acquisition of Sybase, but many customers still don't quite understand its mobile product strategy, according to a new survey by the Americas' SAP Users' Group.
SAP is boosting its human resources software portfolio with the acquisition of Fieldglass, maker of a system for finding and managing temporary workers and services. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter, were not disclo...
SAP is continuing to merge its HANA in-memory database platform with its Business Warehouse data warehousing software, with the latest update adding support for HANA's real-time data loading services.
SAP has turned to long-time partner Adobe in a bid to keep pace with Oracle and Salesforce.com in the red-hot marketing software market.
Adobe Systems is stepping up its mobile efforts by integrating the company's Marketing Cloud with Apple's iBeacons and simplifying advertising in apps, while also partnering with SAP to help sell it using Hana.
Huawei's enterprise unit has launched the FusionCube for high-end HANA systems and will also work with SAP on products for areas such as enterprise mobility.
SAP has joined forces with the German national soccer team ahead of the World Cup in Brazil to showcase what analytics powered by its HANA platform can do to improve performance.
SAP is introducing a set of new subscription pricing options for its Hana in-memory cloud computing platform, in a move that falls in step with the pay-as-you-go model common in the cloud computing industry.
Microsoft has completed a series of moves aimed at making its Dynamics AX ERP software a more viable option for large enterprises, and plans to showcase them this week during the Convergence conference in Atlanta.
SAP and BMW have created a prototype that uses SAP's HANA in-memory database platform to send personalized services and offers to people as they drive around in their cars.
SAP has joined forces with Xamarin to make it easier for developers to integrate their apps with the company's Mobile Platform.
After spending billions to acquire a series of marketing-related software companies, Oracle is now undergoing the process of creating a unified suite it can take to battle against competing offerings from the likes of Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
While members of the German-speaking SAP User Group (DSAG) say they'll spend more money on SAP software this year compared to 2013, the rate of growth has been cut nearly in half, according to a recent survey.
There's some good news for the many SAP customers who use Oracle's database underneath SAP applications. Breaking from tradition, SAP will certify its software for the initial major release of Oracle's 12c database.
Look out Amazon, Larry Ellison has got his eye on you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- Seagate Seven portable hard drive (500GB)
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW