SAP is set to announce its preliminary second-quarter results on Thursday and apart from a look into its finances, the occasion also presents a chance for media and analysts to probe SAP's top executives for clues to the company's future plans and st...
News about how tech sales are doing has been mixed, ahead of a flood of earnings reports from vendors.
Google, Dropbox and a few other high-tech firms have come up with a new way to help defend themselves against patent trolls.
Hoping to win new business and build loyalty among existing customers, business intelligence software vendor MicroStrategy has broadly revamped its pricing and packaging structure.
Global spending on public cloud services reached US$45.7 billion last year and will experience a 23 percent compound annual growth rate through 2018, according to analyst firm IDC.
Oracle's pending acquisition of retail and hospitality technology vendor Micros is its biggest since scooping up Sun Microsystems in 2010, which begs questions about why it's willing to pay so much.
Some of SAP's largest customers plan to nearly double what they now spend on Cloud deployments in the next year - good news for a company that is trying to position itself as a key player in that market according to research commissioned by IT servi...
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
As software vendors tend to do during their big annual user conferences, SAP made a lot of promises to customers this week at Sapphire. The overarching theme was a desire to make SAP's software simpler and its customers' lives easier.
Free snacks and on-site video games may help companies attract skilled IT workers, but speeding up the hiring cycle is also important. Drawn-out employee searches frustrate IT managers and prompt good candidates to accept jobs elsewhere.
A couple of things became clear during SAP co-founder Hasso Plattner's keynote at the Sapphire conference Wednesday: SAP remains fully committed to the Hana in-memory computing platform, as well as its push into SaaS (software as a service).
SAP is taking a big step into SaaS with Simple Finance, a set of applications based on its in-memory Hana Enterprise Cloud platform.
Bowing to pressure from customers and competitors, SAP will provide a series of recently released, next-generation user interface technologies at no extra charge.
SAP is hoping to grab a bigger piece of the money its customers spend on Cloud-based software by creating a new series of industry-specific services.
Oracle could be gearing up to make an anticipated in-memory computing option for its flagship 12c database generally available after hyping it for the better part of a year, judging from an upcoming appearance by CEO Larry Ellison.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSalesforce AnalystQLD
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW