Panasonic and its subsidiary Sanyo have agreed to plead guilty to price fixing conspiracies involving laptop battery cells and automotive parts. They will pay a total of $56.5 million in criminal fines, the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
Sanyo today launched a projector with a Native 2K (2048x1080) resolution. The Sanyo PLC-HF15000L projector is designed for large venues, with a quoted light output of 15,000 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
June is always a busy month for new gadgets. The E3 video games show, Taiwan's Computex IT show and Singapore's CommunicAsia all provide a launching pad for new products.
Sanyo Electric has unveiled a short-throw laser projector that can display a 100-inch high-definition image that's brighter and has more vivid colors than anything else on the market, it said this week.
Japan's largest consumer electronics company, Panasonic, plans to launch a tender offer for shares of Sanyo Electric with the hope of acquiring a majority stake in its smaller rival, the company said.
Panasonic will begin negotiating with Sanyo Electric's top-three shareholders as early as November with the aim of acquiring a majority stake in the electronics maker, The Nikkei business daily reported in its Saturday morning edition.
Latest News Articles
- Could Bitcoin's frothy venture funding dry up?
- AT&T to report on government requests for user data
- Alcatel sells federal technology unit for US$200 million
- Wall Street Beat: Economic growth, software news and BlackBerry deal boost tech stocks
- NSA defends foreign surveillance after new reports of targets
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Portable Air Conditioners
- 2 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 LCD vs plasma vs LED TVs buying guide
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »