Panasonic and its subsidiary Sanyo have agreed to plead guilty to price fixing conspiracies involving laptop battery cells and automotive parts. They will pay a total of $56.5 million in criminal fines, the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
Sanyo today launched a projector with a Native 2K (2048x1080) resolution. The Sanyo PLC-HF15000L projector is designed for large venues, with a quoted light output of 15,000 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
June is always a busy month for new gadgets. The E3 video games show, Taiwan's Computex IT show and Singapore's CommunicAsia all provide a launching pad for new products.
Sanyo Electric has unveiled a short-throw laser projector that can display a 100-inch high-definition image that's brighter and has more vivid colors than anything else on the market, it said this week.
Japan's largest consumer electronics company, Panasonic, plans to launch a tender offer for shares of Sanyo Electric with the hope of acquiring a majority stake in its smaller rival, the company said.
Panasonic will begin negotiating with Sanyo Electric's top-three shareholders as early as November with the aim of acquiring a majority stake in the electronics maker, The Nikkei business daily reported in its Saturday morning edition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCChange LeadACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW