Panasonic and its subsidiary Sanyo have agreed to plead guilty to price fixing conspiracies involving laptop battery cells and automotive parts. They will pay a total of $56.5 million in criminal fines, the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
Sanyo today launched a projector with a Native 2K (2048x1080) resolution. The Sanyo PLC-HF15000L projector is designed for large venues, with a quoted light output of 15,000 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 3000:1.
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
June is always a busy month for new gadgets. The E3 video games show, Taiwan's Computex IT show and Singapore's CommunicAsia all provide a launching pad for new products.
Sanyo Electric has unveiled a short-throw laser projector that can display a 100-inch high-definition image that's brighter and has more vivid colors than anything else on the market, it said this week.
Japan's largest consumer electronics company, Panasonic, plans to launch a tender offer for shares of Sanyo Electric with the hope of acquiring a majority stake in its smaller rival, the company said.
Panasonic will begin negotiating with Sanyo Electric's top-three shareholders as early as November with the aim of acquiring a majority stake in the electronics maker, The Nikkei business daily reported in its Saturday morning edition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC