Google, Samsung and LG will start to issue monthly security patches for Android devices, taking a cue from the PC industry after critical vulnerabilities put hundreds of millions of smartphone users at risk.
Xiaomi regained its position as China's leading smartphone vendor in the second quarter, while Apple fell to third place despite increased sales of its iPhones.
Tech companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Facebook are backing Samsung Electronics as it appeals a court ruling to pay Apple almost US$1 billion in damages in a patent infringement suit.
Next generation UHD OLED televisions have gone on sale in Australia as LG one-ups market leader Samsung.
Samsung today announced what it is calling the first multi-terabyte consumer solid-state drive (SSD), which will offer 2TB of capacity in a 2.5-in. form factor for laptops and desktops.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have been released in three new colours in Australia. Both of the smartphones are available in Gold Platinum, the S6 Edge can be purchased in Green Emerald, while Blue Topaz is reserved for the S6 alone. We go hands ...
Let's face it: batteries suck. The only reason battery life is getting better is because everything else in our devices is getting smaller. That allows manufacturers to make more room for the dang power pack without having to improve anything but the...
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
Samsung will update the security software on its Galaxy smartphones to address a flaw that researchers warned could let attackers access people's devices.
Samsung is bolstering its position in the virtual reality market with the release of its second-generation Gear VR.
Samsung is the latest manufacturer to become FreeviewPlus certified. Its range of smart TVs, including its newly released SUHD, 4K models, will allow users to access Catch Up services through the interface of the TV.
“Despite the Apple Watch requiring an iPhone, Apple’s impending entrance in Q2 had a negative impact on vendors such as Samsung.”
LG has commenced a global roll out of its flagship G4 smartphone, but Australia will have to wait until the second half of 2015 before its local release.
Samsung will not have to pay all of the US$930 million in damages that Apple was awarded in 2012, a U.S. appeals court ruled Monday.
Xiaomi led China's smartphone market as its biggest vendor for the third straight quarter. But Apple is closing in, thanks to demand for its iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and may even overtake Xiaomi this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC