Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
There's some debate about whether the number can indeed be that high, and what happened to the other 10% of Note7 users -- if they've already gone to another device or just opted not to do anything at all.
Samsung's new 960 Pro and 960 Evo M.2 SSDs pack capacity and speed into tiny packages.
Sleepless nights, fickle decision making, and other intangibles may have sown the seeds for an unprecedented consumer crisis.
A top Samsung official issued an unusual video apology over Galaxy Note7 battery-related defects linked to fires and assured owners that replacement Note7 units are safe.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission late Thursday issued an official recall for 1 million Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
If you haven't opted to take advantage of Samsung's recall offer, you should reconsider.
Samsung filed for a patent in Korea that describes a phone that could run a second operating system via virtualization, giving Windows as an example. If this patent moves forward, it could give Windows apps a new life on the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users in Australia have been told to power down their phones and return them, after reports that dozens of the devices have caught fire amid battery problems.
Some details are still being fleshed out, but here's what you need to know right now about your options if you have a Note 7.
After reports of the Galaxy Note 7 "exploding" Samsung halted shipments of the device in the company's home country.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC