Some of the early reports on faulty Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones that caused burns and property damage have been invalidated, significantly reducing the number of incidents.
In a bid to retain customers, Samsung Electronics is giving larger financial incentives to people who choose to exchange the recalled Galaxy Note7 for another smartphone from the company, rather than seek a refund.
The explosion-implosion of Samsung's premier Galaxy Note7 line may boost iPhone sales, but don't expect outright gloating from Apple.
Samsung must now battle long-term damage to the company's reputation after the unprecedented recall of all Note7 phones.
Samsung Electronics has cut its revenue and profit forecast for the third quarter, after the disastrous launch of its flagship Galaxy Note7, which eventually led to the company recalling the smartphones and stopping their production in the wake of re...
There is a split opinion over whether the successor phone should be named the Note8 or adopt an entirely new moniker, to avoid reminding consumers of a device that can catch fire in their pants.
The justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, hearing arguments in a long-running Apple and Samsung patent dispute on Tuesday, seemed to question a 19th-century law that allows huge infringement damages in design patent cases.
Oculus disabled the Gear VR app for Samsung's Galaxy Note7, because you don't want your phone blowing up when it's strapped to your face.
Samsung's Galaxy Note7 smartphone may be headed for the trash bin, amid new reports that a handful of replacement units have overheated.
Three ostensibly safe Note7 phones have gone up in flames, begging the question, Is it time to ditch the Note7 entirely and wait for Note8?
A U.S. appeals court has reinstated a US$119.6 million award for Apple in a long-running smartphone design patent dispute with rival Samsung.
The company's investigating whether the unit that caused the evacuation of a Southwest jet was indeed a replacement.
Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
There's some debate about whether the number can indeed be that high, and what happened to the other 10% of Note7 users -- if they've already gone to another device or just opted not to do anything at all.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC