Today belongs to Samsung after unveiling Galaxy smartphones in line with customer wants and sticking it to Apple throughout its Samsung Unpacked event in Barcelona.
Across Samsung’s entire television and audio range was one clear trend. Televisions, computer monitors, sound bars and even sound systems from Samsung will all curve on the basis of improved performance.
The NX500 is the successor to Samsung’s NX300 mirrorless camera. It may be an evolutionary camera and not something built from scratch, but it represents a significant step forward, much like the first time primates stood up on two feet.
With a large sensor and a fast frame rate, Samsung is pitching the NX1 directly at the big guns of the digital SLR market, in addition to the high-end models that are available in the interchangeable lens camera (or compact system camera) market.
Workaholics and multimedia junkies alike are spoiled for choice when it comes to 'phablets'. Apple has finally given into demand with the iPhone 6 Plus, but can it possibly stand against the Galaxy Note 4 from Samsung? We put them head-to-head.
Not enough noise is being made over the changes to Apple’s second generation iPad Air. The gold-standard in tablets has undergone an extreme internal makeover, and yet too few are batting an eye.
Phablets are all the buzz with the impending release of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung's Galaxy Note 4. Earlier in August rival LG entered the space with its best smartphone yet, the G3. Comparison showdowns have never been this tight.
Not everyone wants a behemoth smartphone flagship, which is why the miniature smartphone market has spawned iterations from Samsung, Sony, HTC and LG. Donning screens 5-inches and less is one way these smartphones prove more comfortable in the pocket...
Next generation smartphones, tablets and smartwatches from the world’s biggest brands near as the IFA 2014 tradeshow kicks off next week. Invitations, taunts and leaks from people in the know has helped the online community shape what products will b...
“Signature or PIN?” is a question people will no longer be asked when making a credit card purchase following the method's retirement on 1 August. In its place are savvy smartphones capable of tap-and-go payments. Major Australian banks investing in ...
Computex 2014 was riddled with knock-off smartwatches, phones, tablets, headphones, televisions and even one company who is trying to cash in on another brand. Here is a collection of our favourites.
LG has put forward its flagship smartphone contender, the G3, and it is a beaut. A 5.5in Android smartphone clad in aluminium with display technologies superior to what’s available today. But LG has made great phones before, and they’ve lingered beh...
Savage competition has seen the gap separating Apple’s iPad from a slew of Android tablets close. This comparison takes the two most competitive tablets, Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro 12.2 and Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet, and measures how they stand next to A...
Flagships from the leading Android manufacturers are on sale now in Australia. There’s the 5.2in Xperia Z2 from Sony, the 5.1in Galaxy S5 from Samsung and the 5in One (M8) from HTC. All three are fantastic choices, but one of them will go down as an ...
A new wave of devices designed to feed information on our wellbeing are hitting shop shelves. The collated information is teaching us more about how we eat, sleep, exercise and more. Some simply provide the little push we need to get off the couch an...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA