Samsung has thrown its hat in the mobile payment ring with a new contactless offering that lets Citibank and American Express credit card customers pay for products and services in-store with their smartphones.
What was once an expensive, high-end Android smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S, is now available from Vodafone from a paltry $29 per month, which could mean the second-generation Galaxy S II is set to make an appearance at the carrier.
We love a good rumour or leak, and this time it's Samsung's plans for its Mobile World Congress (MWC) announcement in Barcelona next month.
Dual-core processors will help power next-generation smartphones
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy Tab will be a "litmus test" for the tablet market, according to analyst firm Ovum.
Samsung has released a teaser video showing off its upcoming tablet device that is set to challenge the Apple iPad.
The second Samsung Android smartphone to reach Australia, the Galaxy S, will launch through Optus on 1 July.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT