Samsung's new Galaxy Note 3 is the company's third-generation Note smartphone, and it's set to be released on Thursday, 3 October in Australia. We've just got our hands on a review unit for a first look!
Don't like your smartphones big? Then look away now. Samsung's Galaxy Note is the definition of big: it has a whopping 5.3in touchscreen that's a full inch bigger than the company's own Galaxy S II, and almost two inches bigger than the iPhone 4S.
Samsung has boldly released the Galaxy Note Android phone. Its intended to create another category of device, this time in between in the smartphone and tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC