I'm not feeling a lot of love for OS X El Capitan out there. That might not be surprising, given that it's firmly in the tradition of Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard–new-feature-light, speed-and-stability-focused OS X updates.
If you're a regular PCWorld reader, you may have noticed the Browser Blowout story we posted last week. In it, I looked at various aspects of the major Web browsers, including features, interface, security, and performance.
Although it wasn't mentioned during Apple CEO Steve Jobs' keynote address Monday at WWDC, Apple launched an updated version of its Safari Web browser for Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 or higher, as well as Windows XP SP2 or higher, Vista, and Windows 7.
The just-released Safari 5 ups the ante in the browser wars, with two major improvements: a performance boost to rival speed king Chrome, the highly useful Safari Reader, which makes it much easier to read multi-page Web articles.
Google Chrome hit a milestone over the weekend when it became the third-most popular browser after Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, according to metrics firm Net Applications. It controls just 4.63 percent of the browser market, but C...
For browser fans, this is the best of times.
Most people would agree that Apple's mobile Safari browser is one of the iPhone's great strengths. While Steve Jobs leaned on the iPhone engineers to get the new device just right, on the other side of the house Apple's browser people also felt under...
Like the fluid and swirling currents in the world's vast oceans, the global usage statistics for Web browsers are constantly on the move.
Apple's decision to offer a public beta of its new Safari 4 Web browser -- available for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista -- caught the tech world by surprise. Even more surprising are the number of innovative features it offers, including in-your-f...
Apple has launched the first beta of Safari 4, the new version of its web browser for both Windows and Mac OS X computers.
Apple's Safari, released for the Windows platform in June 2007, is the second newest browser on Windows, behind Google's Chrome. (Naturally, Apple's browser also runs on OS X, and on iPhone and iPod Touch devices in a mobile edition.) Safari leads th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW