I'm not feeling a lot of love for OS X El Capitan out there. That might not be surprising, given that it's firmly in the tradition of Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard–new-feature-light, speed-and-stability-focused OS X updates.
If you're a regular PCWorld reader, you may have noticed the Browser Blowout story we posted last week. In it, I looked at various aspects of the major Web browsers, including features, interface, security, and performance.
Although it wasn't mentioned during Apple CEO Steve Jobs' keynote address Monday at WWDC, Apple launched an updated version of its Safari Web browser for Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 or higher, as well as Windows XP SP2 or higher, Vista, and Windows 7.
The just-released Safari 5 ups the ante in the browser wars, with two major improvements: a performance boost to rival speed king Chrome, the highly useful Safari Reader, which makes it much easier to read multi-page Web articles.
Google Chrome hit a milestone over the weekend when it became the third-most popular browser after Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, according to metrics firm Net Applications. It controls just 4.63 percent of the browser market, but C...
For browser fans, this is the best of times.
Most people would agree that Apple's mobile Safari browser is one of the iPhone's great strengths. While Steve Jobs leaned on the iPhone engineers to get the new device just right, on the other side of the house Apple's browser people also felt under...
Like the fluid and swirling currents in the world's vast oceans, the global usage statistics for Web browsers are constantly on the move.
Apple's decision to offer a public beta of its new Safari 4 Web browser -- available for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista -- caught the tech world by surprise. Even more surprising are the number of innovative features it offers, including in-your-f...
Apple has launched the first beta of Safari 4, the new version of its web browser for both Windows and Mac OS X computers.
Apple's Safari, released for the Windows platform in June 2007, is the second newest browser on Windows, behind Google's Chrome. (Naturally, Apple's browser also runs on OS X, and on iPhone and iPod Touch devices in a mobile edition.) Safari leads th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW