Developers of the Ruby on Rails Web development framework released versions 3.0.20 and 2.3.16 of the software on Monday in order to address a critical remote code execution vulnerability.
The developers of Ruby on Rails, a popular Web application development framework for the Ruby programming language, released versions 3.2.10, 3.1.9, and 3.0.18 of the software on Wednesday in order to patch a serious SQL injection vulnerability.
Citing low usage trends and a priority on Java, builders of the NetBeans IDE have killed off Ruby on Rails support in a planned upgrade, the NetBeans community announced on Thursday.
Rubinius, an implementation of the Ruby programming language featuring enhancements for JIT (Just In Time) compilation and garbage collection, is being upgraded Friday, gaining improvements in debugging, memory usage, and performance.
Engine Yard will extend on Thursday its services for cloud-based services for Ruby on Rails applications, giving users the option to deploy on Terremark infrastructure.
Ruby, the popular open source dynamic language, is making headway not only on Java but also on the Windows and Mac platforms.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW