On paper, the RT-AC5300U looks to be the most powerful consumer router ever built.
The best and most noteworthy products and technologies found at CES 2015.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Belkin's Linksys division took the wraps off a host of new networking gear at CES on Sunday, including two new Wi-Fi routers, a new NAS box, two new range extenders, antenna upgrades for its existing routers, and--at long last--an open-source Wi-Fi d...
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
Staying anonymous online could get a lot simpler with Anonabox, a pocket-sized networking device due to launch early next year.
At a time of growing concern about the security of interconnected devices in homes, a startup aims to provide consumers with a type of network security system traditionally used by businesses.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
Specialized servers used by many ISPs to manage routers and other gateway devices provisioned to their customers are accessible from the Internet and can easily be taken over by attackers, researchers warn.
Advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation wants to address the poor security track record of home routers with a new firmware project that will encourage users to share their Internet connection publicly by setting up guest Wi-Fi networks.
Researchers are gearing up to hack an array of different home routers during a contest next month at the Defcon 22 security conference.
A demonstration this week by networking vendor Huawei Technologies and chip maker Xilinx signaled the optical industry's eagerness for 400-Gigabit Ethernet, a standard that is still at least two years away.
Cisco Systems released new firmware versions for some of its small business routers and wireless LAN controllers in order to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to compromise the vulnerable devices or affect their availability.
A group of attackers managed to compromise 300,000 home and small-office wireless routers, altering their settings to use rogue DNS servers, according to Internet security research organization Team Cymru.
Technical details about a vulnerability in Linksys routers that's being exploited by a new worm have been released Sunday along with a proof-of-concept exploit and a larger than earlier expected list of potentially vulnerable device models.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCFMW DevelopersACT