Hoping to understand what a new generation of mobile malware could resemble, security researchers will demonstrate a malicious "rootkit" program they've written for Google's Android phone next month at the Defcon hacking conference in Las Vegas.
One year after his Black Hat talk on Automated Teller Machine security vulnerabilities was yanked by his employer, security researcher Barnaby Jack plans to deliver the talk and disclose a new ATM rootkit at the computer security conference.
The security researcher who invented malware known as Blue Pill has come up with a secure open source operating system called Qubes OS that is available for alpha-testing downloads.
Thousands of Web sites have been rigged to deliver a powerful piece of malicious software that many security products may be unprepared to handle.
An Austrian security vendor has found a vulnerability in Windows Vista that it says could possibly allow an attacker to run unauthorized code on a PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT