It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC