MIT researchers have used nanotechnology to develop a robot that can autonomously navigate across the surface of the ocean to clean up an oil spill.
The Demilitarized Zone ("DMZ") is a 160-mile long, 2.5-mile wide strip of land that separates the two Koreas. South Korea has recently bumped up the security on its side of the DMZ with something straight out of your favorite sci-fi novel or videogam...
Advocates of the concept called singularity envision a future in which humans and technology fully converge, but a keynote speaker at the World Future Society conference voiced skepticism about the idea, citing the complexities of the human mind.
A California-based start-up called Willow Garage is hoping to accelerate the adoption of robots into human society by lending eleven robots to different research institutions across the world. To kick off the new program, Willow Garage held a "gradu...
Robots are always one of two things: unbelievably adorable, or terrifying, creepy, and ready to take over the world.
Fujitsu has developed a robot teddy bear that's designed to motivate children and stimulate the elderly.
NASA is building a six-legged robot that can walk or roll on wheels, and, it hopes, ultimately help set up a habitat on Mars for the later arrivals of astronauts.
Simon the robot, who has the ability to learn new tasks, got his first public outing at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Atlanta Monday.
Cheering crowds packed into Boston University's Agganis Arena over the weekend not for a rock concert or sporting event, but for a robotics competition. More than 50 teams from across the Northeast U.S. and three other countries brought homemade robo...
The world's first robotic girlfriend has hit the market.
Imagine a day when you can make your cell phone smaller to fit more comfortably in your pocket, then make it bigger so you can text more easily.
It might earn them university credits but a robot developed by students in Japan won't help dispel the image of the lazy student. The robot has been designed to fold clothes.
Panasonic is getting serious about robotics and has begun a push to commercialize a series of robots over the next few years.
As mobile phones add more features and more users connect with social media, the cell phone becomes a more important part of people's lives. Japanese carrier KDDI has developed a robot companion that seeks to bridge the gap between a phone and its us...
Muratagirl, the unicycling robot, is back at Japan’s Ceatec with improvements and some new tricks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
- More than half of PCs don't have Windows 10 AU yet, and no one's quite sure why
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT