A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Fresh from its defeat in women's World Cup soccer, Japan wants to take on the U.S. once again -- in giant robot combat.
Google's new self-driving cars are on public streets. After more than a year of development and testing, the new cars made their debut on the roads around Google's headquarters in Mountain View late last week, and I went to check them out.
Cooking, learning language and doing the laundry are a few of the human skills demonstrated by.real humanoid bots featured in the National Geographic movie Robots.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
In the ongoing battle to clean up Japan's crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, Toshiba is deploying a novel robot that's a bit like a scorpion.
The bridge to the future may be built by robots.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Google's autonomous car fleet is undergoing a major expansion. In the last month, the number of cars it is permitted to drive on public streets has more than doubled, and Google now accounts for more than half of the driverless cars that are legal in...
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
Amazon on Wednesday will call on the U.S. Congress to embrace automated drone flights and come up with a set of simple, nationwide regulations that will allow its proposed Prime Air service to get off the ground.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC