It takes a plow the size of a small house, a robot the size of a truck and a purpose-built ship to install Google's latest oceanic infrastructure project - a super-fast submarine Internet cable linking the US and Japan.
A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Fresh from its defeat in women's World Cup soccer, Japan wants to take on the U.S. once again -- in giant robot combat.
Google's new self-driving cars are on public streets. After more than a year of development and testing, the new cars made their debut on the roads around Google's headquarters in Mountain View late last week, and I went to check them out.
Cooking, learning language and doing the laundry are a few of the human skills demonstrated by.real humanoid bots featured in the National Geographic movie Robots.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
In the ongoing battle to clean up Japan's crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, Toshiba is deploying a novel robot that's a bit like a scorpion.
The bridge to the future may be built by robots.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Google's autonomous car fleet is undergoing a major expansion. In the last month, the number of cars it is permitted to drive on public streets has more than doubled, and Google now accounts for more than half of the driverless cars that are legal in...
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
Amazon on Wednesday will call on the U.S. Congress to embrace automated drone flights and come up with a set of simple, nationwide regulations that will allow its proposed Prime Air service to get off the ground.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA