It takes a plow the size of a small house, a robot the size of a truck and a purpose-built ship to install Google's latest oceanic infrastructure project - a super-fast submarine Internet cable linking the US and Japan.
A U.S. government agency will start its third attempt to develop voluntary privacy standards for an emerging area of technology, this time with a series of meetings on drone privacy scheduled to begin Aug. 3.
Fresh from its defeat in women's World Cup soccer, Japan wants to take on the U.S. once again -- in giant robot combat.
Google's new self-driving cars are on public streets. After more than a year of development and testing, the new cars made their debut on the roads around Google's headquarters in Mountain View late last week, and I went to check them out.
Cooking, learning language and doing the laundry are a few of the human skills demonstrated by.real humanoid bots featured in the National Geographic movie Robots.
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
In the ongoing battle to clean up Japan's crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, Toshiba is deploying a novel robot that's a bit like a scorpion.
The bridge to the future may be built by robots.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Google's autonomous car fleet is undergoing a major expansion. In the last month, the number of cars it is permitted to drive on public streets has more than doubled, and Google now accounts for more than half of the driverless cars that are legal in...
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
Amazon on Wednesday will call on the U.S. Congress to embrace automated drone flights and come up with a set of simple, nationwide regulations that will allow its proposed Prime Air service to get off the ground.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ