Security researchers published limited details about four unpatched vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer because Microsoft has not moved quickly enough to fix them.
Researchers sifting through 400GB of data recently leaked from Hacking Team, an Italian company that sells computer surveillance software to government agencies from around the world, have already found an exploit for an unpatched vulnerability in Fl...
Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
More than 95 percent of SAP systems deployed in enterprises are exposed to vulnerabilities that could lead to a full compromise of business data, a security firm claims.
Aggressive adware applications that break the trust between HTTPS (HTTP Secure) websites and users have been at the center of controversy lately. But over the past week, HTTPS interception flaws of varying severity were also found in security program...
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
One of the first things a malware analyst does when encountering a suspicious executable file is to extract the text strings found inside it, because they can provide immediate clues about its purpose. This operation has long been considered safe, bu...
Based on data gathered over the first six months of 2014, security researchers from IBM X-Force predict that the number of publicly reported vulnerabilities will drop to under 8,000 this year, a first since 2011.
Apple exposed iOS users to security threats by taking three weeks longer to patch the same vulnerabilities in the mobile OS that it previously fixed in Safari on OS X, a former Apple security engineer said.
Website operators should assess their whole Web infrastructure when patching the critical Heartbleed flaw in OpenSSL, otherwise they risk leaving important components open to remote attacks, despite fixing the problem on their publicly facing servers...
The U.S. National Security Agency has reportedly been working for the past several years on expanding its ability to infect computers with surveillance malware and creating a command-and-control infrastructure capable of managing millions of compromi...
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
A critical buffer overflow vulnerability patched this week in the widely used open-source cURL library (libcurl) has the potential to expose a large number of applications and systems to remote code execution attacks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTTechnical ExpertNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW