Security researchers published limited details about four unpatched vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer because Microsoft has not moved quickly enough to fix them.
Researchers sifting through 400GB of data recently leaked from Hacking Team, an Italian company that sells computer surveillance software to government agencies from around the world, have already found an exploit for an unpatched vulnerability in Fl...
Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
More than 95 percent of SAP systems deployed in enterprises are exposed to vulnerabilities that could lead to a full compromise of business data, a security firm claims.
Aggressive adware applications that break the trust between HTTPS (HTTP Secure) websites and users have been at the center of controversy lately. But over the past week, HTTPS interception flaws of varying severity were also found in security program...
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
One of the first things a malware analyst does when encountering a suspicious executable file is to extract the text strings found inside it, because they can provide immediate clues about its purpose. This operation has long been considered safe, bu...
Based on data gathered over the first six months of 2014, security researchers from IBM X-Force predict that the number of publicly reported vulnerabilities will drop to under 8,000 this year, a first since 2011.
Apple exposed iOS users to security threats by taking three weeks longer to patch the same vulnerabilities in the mobile OS that it previously fixed in Safari on OS X, a former Apple security engineer said.
Website operators should assess their whole Web infrastructure when patching the critical Heartbleed flaw in OpenSSL, otherwise they risk leaving important components open to remote attacks, despite fixing the problem on their publicly facing servers...
The U.S. National Security Agency has reportedly been working for the past several years on expanding its ability to infect computers with surveillance malware and creating a command-and-control infrastructure capable of managing millions of compromi...
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
A critical buffer overflow vulnerability patched this week in the widely used open-source cURL library (libcurl) has the potential to expose a large number of applications and systems to remote code execution attacks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Windows 10's Quick Assist lets you fix Dad's computer from your desk
- New York Public Library reads up on the cloud
- Mingis on Tech: Cars and autonomous driving don't always mix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW