In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
In another big victory for the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) a federal jury has fined Boston University student Joel Tenenbaum $675,000 for illegally downloading and distributing 30 copyrighted songs.
A Boston student has been ordered to pay $US675,000 to the recording industry for illegal file-sharing, according to reports Friday.
The Recording Industry Association of America may have decided not to pursue further file-sharing trials as a policy, but one last case is set to get underway today and promises to bring a dash of the theatrical into the courtroom.
The massive $US1.9 million fine imposed by a US federal jury in the retrial of a woman accused of pirating 24 songs may could end up hurting the Recording Industry Association of America's anti-piracy campaign more than anything else, a leading copyr...
A single mother who won a retrial after a US$220,000 verdict against her for sharing music files has now been ordered to pay $1.92 million by a jury in Minnesota.
A Harvard law professor has opened a new front in the battle between the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and alleged music pirates by challenging the constitutionality of a statute being used by the industry group to bring lawsuits a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW