The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
The launch of Apple Pay on Monday has brought considerable publicity to a technology that's already embedded in millions of Android smartphones yet has so far failed to take off.
Swiping credit cards or using payment systems like Apple Pay at stores could become much safer thanks to a new Intel system, which could also make it easier for retailers to secure data after transactions are completed.
EB Games Australia's annual expo is in Sydney's Olympic Park from October 3 to 5. The three-day event (which is scheduled to coincide with the school holidays) hosts game developers and publishers, alongside manufacturers, each claiming their stake a...
Melbourne start-up, CoinJar, has confirmed it will commence trials for its bitcoin EFTPOS card next week.
Subway will soon allow customers to pay for their sandwiches with the tap of a smartphone.
Apple's new smartwatch is highly customisable. Here's a look at the possible adaptations available to customers.
Apple is getting into the mobile payments business with the launch of Apple Pay in the U.S. next month.
Baidu and Tencent are teaming up with a Chinese shopping mall operator in a joint venture that could steal business away from local e-commerce giant Alibaba Group.
Payments software vendors, PayPal and Braintree, are giving Australian developers the chance to win a round trip to Silicon Valley to compete for $US100,000 against the world’s best as part of the global Battle Hack competition.
Startup Le Tote is hoping to gain an edge in the world of online retail with a Netflix-like shopping platform for women who want to add new pieces to their wardrobes without buying them.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
A total of 26,800 3D printers were shipped globally in the first quarter of calendar 2014, and while enterprises still represent the majority of customers, the consumer sector is gaining traction, according to Canalys.
Oracle's pending acquisition of retail and hospitality technology vendor Micros is its biggest since scooping up Sun Microsystems in 2010, which begs questions about why it's willing to pay so much.
The retail world is evolving, thanks to these technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD