Now that you’ve got your new Apple Watch, here are the apps you should try…
Starbucks suffered what appears to be a major computer system failure late Friday.
It's been just over half a year since Oracle completed its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Micros, and on Wednesday the company added several new services to the retail-focused technologies it gained through that deal.
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
In just under six months, a behind-the-scenes switch in the payments industry will change the way U.S. consumers shop and could bring wider acceptance for Apple Pay and its competitors.
At an event to launch the Apple Watch, Apple also made several announcements regarding Apple TV, HBO, Macbook, and other products.
With a free Chip & PIN card reader, Swedish mobile payments company iZettle is lowering the threshold for small companies to start accepting card payments.
Women's clothing retailer Bebe Stores has become the latest national retailer to be hit by an attack on its credit card payment system.
The National Santa Agency has a handle on what everyone wants.
Starbucks says mobile payments are taking off in a big way and it's already handling almost 7 million a week at its U.S. coffee shops.
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
The company behind CurrentC, an in-store mobile payment system backed by some of the biggest retailers in the U.S., attempted on Wednesday to play down a growing controversy over whether its backers could accept Apple Pay.
An organization representing thousands of commercial pilots in the U.S. and Canada says it's concerned about the safety implications of Amazon flying drones at a site near Seattle.
Apple's new contactless payment system on the iPhone 6 saw 1 million activations in its first three days of use, pointing to an initially enthusiastic response from Apple users.
It's been around only a week, but Apple Pay is already making waves in the mobile payments field. On Monday, major drugstore chain CVS joined rival Rite Aid in disabling the NFC (near-field communication) payment function on in-store terminals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW