Now that you’ve got your new Apple Watch, here are the apps you should try…
Starbucks suffered what appears to be a major computer system failure late Friday.
It's been just over half a year since Oracle completed its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Micros, and on Wednesday the company added several new services to the retail-focused technologies it gained through that deal.
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
In just under six months, a behind-the-scenes switch in the payments industry will change the way U.S. consumers shop and could bring wider acceptance for Apple Pay and its competitors.
At an event to launch the Apple Watch, Apple also made several announcements regarding Apple TV, HBO, Macbook, and other products.
With a free Chip & PIN card reader, Swedish mobile payments company iZettle is lowering the threshold for small companies to start accepting card payments.
Women's clothing retailer Bebe Stores has become the latest national retailer to be hit by an attack on its credit card payment system.
The National Santa Agency has a handle on what everyone wants.
Starbucks says mobile payments are taking off in a big way and it's already handling almost 7 million a week at its U.S. coffee shops.
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
The company behind CurrentC, an in-store mobile payment system backed by some of the biggest retailers in the U.S., attempted on Wednesday to play down a growing controversy over whether its backers could accept Apple Pay.
An organization representing thousands of commercial pilots in the U.S. and Canada says it's concerned about the safety implications of Amazon flying drones at a site near Seattle.
Apple's new contactless payment system on the iPhone 6 saw 1 million activations in its first three days of use, pointing to an initially enthusiastic response from Apple users.
It's been around only a week, but Apple Pay is already making waves in the mobile payments field. On Monday, major drugstore chain CVS joined rival Rite Aid in disabling the NFC (near-field communication) payment function on in-store terminals.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT