Oracle has hooked up its SRM (social relationship management) software suite to LinkedIn, a move to give marketing and customer support staffers a way to reach the business-oriented social network's 300 million users.
Tech stocks rose this week on the back of solid economic news and some upbeat results from software vendors, including Red Hat and Oracle.
Oracle is set to acquire business-to-consumer marketing software vendor Responsys for US$1.5 billion in a bid to flesh out its own capabilities as well as strike back at rivals such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT