Restrictive governments getting better at Internet censorship ... Facebook supersizes its open networking switch ... Apple shaking indentured servitude out of its supply chain ... and more news.
Reporters Without Borders
Authoritarian governments are doubling down on press censorship and becoming more adept at blocking Internet access to uncensored news sources, according to the annual World Press Freedom Index that will be published on Thursday.
Internet companies and rights groups have criticized a new Internet law in Vietnam that will put curbs on bloggers and social media.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
Reporters Without Borders named five countries that regularly spy on journalists and dissidents, a practice the group contends is made possible with advanced technology from private companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia