Startup Rayton Solar is running a crowdfunding campaign to attract investors to its proton accelerator technology used to more efficiently slice off silicon for solar panel production, making the manufacturing process 60% cheaper.
Startup Nikola Motor Co. took the wraps off its semi-tractor trailer truck powered by a hydrogen fuel cell with 1,000 horsepower and a range of 800 to 1,200 miles on a single fill-up.
Solar and other forms of renewable energy are the fastest growing energy sources in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
While solar and other forms of renewable energy still amount to a small percentage of all power generated, it is the fastest growing energy source in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
President-elect Donald Trump has talked about reviving the coal industry by rolling back clean energy regulations. But natural gas and renewable energy sources are cost competitive enough to dominate.
Every emerging technology, like a child, goes through its difficult phases, and IoT is no different. To extend that analogy, you could say that automated home products are currently experiencing the technological equivalent of the terrible twos.
Videos about renewable energy
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT