Internet traffic routing errors made by U.S. operators Sprint and Windstream on the same day last week underscore a long-known Internet weakness, posing both security and reliability issues.
A flood of updates to databases inside Internet routers caused intermittent outages on Wednesday and connectivity issues for companies, but experts expect the long-forecasted hiccup to be resolved soon.
Dyn, a company that helps route Internet traffic faster for companies such as Twitter and CNBC, will acquire Renesys, which studies hiccups and inefficiencies in global data traffic, the companies said Monday.
A routing error by one of Indonesia's largest telecommunications providers on Wednesday made it briefly appear it controlled a large swath of the Internet, according to monitoring firm Renesys.
The North Korean state propaganda machine has edited and deleted hundreds of news articles that mention Jang Song Thaek, the former top government and party official who was executed Thursday.
Internet service has been restored to Aleppo, Syria's largest city, with a renewed connection to Turkey's largest telecommunications provider, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Sudan has regained access to the Internet after a nearly 24-hour blackout that may have been a government-directed response to violent rioting in the country over lifted fuel subsidies.
Connectivity to one of three major international ISPs in Sudan has been restored, following reports that the government may be responsible for cutting off the country's access amid riots over the lifting of fuel subsidies.
Internet traffic in and out of war-torn Syria has been restored after a disruption of nearly eight and a half hours, according to Internet traffic charts.
Internet traffic to and from Syria, a country engulfed by civil war, again came to a halt on Wednesday, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Egypt said it has arrested three men suspected of slicing a crucial undersea Internet cable on Wednesday, causing widespread problems from Kenya to Pakistan.
Internet connectivity to North Korea was restored Friday after a day-and-a-half-long outage that the country's official media blamed on international hacking.
Cuba's Internet speeds increased on Tuesday, and the country appears to be routing more traffic through a previously dormant undersea fiber-optic cable, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
After a two-day outage, Internet access in war-torn Syria appears to be for the most part restored on Saturday, according to reports from several sources.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW