Internet traffic routing errors made by U.S. operators Sprint and Windstream on the same day last week underscore a long-known Internet weakness, posing both security and reliability issues.
A flood of updates to databases inside Internet routers caused intermittent outages on Wednesday and connectivity issues for companies, but experts expect the long-forecasted hiccup to be resolved soon.
Dyn, a company that helps route Internet traffic faster for companies such as Twitter and CNBC, will acquire Renesys, which studies hiccups and inefficiencies in global data traffic, the companies said Monday.
A routing error by one of Indonesia's largest telecommunications providers on Wednesday made it briefly appear it controlled a large swath of the Internet, according to monitoring firm Renesys.
The North Korean state propaganda machine has edited and deleted hundreds of news articles that mention Jang Song Thaek, the former top government and party official who was executed Thursday.
Internet service has been restored to Aleppo, Syria's largest city, with a renewed connection to Turkey's largest telecommunications provider, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Sudan has regained access to the Internet after a nearly 24-hour blackout that may have been a government-directed response to violent rioting in the country over lifted fuel subsidies.
Connectivity to one of three major international ISPs in Sudan has been restored, following reports that the government may be responsible for cutting off the country's access amid riots over the lifting of fuel subsidies.
Internet traffic in and out of war-torn Syria has been restored after a disruption of nearly eight and a half hours, according to Internet traffic charts.
Internet traffic to and from Syria, a country engulfed by civil war, again came to a halt on Wednesday, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Egypt said it has arrested three men suspected of slicing a crucial undersea Internet cable on Wednesday, causing widespread problems from Kenya to Pakistan.
Internet connectivity to North Korea was restored Friday after a day-and-a-half-long outage that the country's official media blamed on international hacking.
Cuba's Internet speeds increased on Tuesday, and the country appears to be routing more traffic through a previously dormant undersea fiber-optic cable, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
After a two-day outage, Internet access in war-torn Syria appears to be for the most part restored on Saturday, according to reports from several sources.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT