Internet traffic routing errors made by U.S. operators Sprint and Windstream on the same day last week underscore a long-known Internet weakness, posing both security and reliability issues.
A flood of updates to databases inside Internet routers caused intermittent outages on Wednesday and connectivity issues for companies, but experts expect the long-forecasted hiccup to be resolved soon.
Dyn, a company that helps route Internet traffic faster for companies such as Twitter and CNBC, will acquire Renesys, which studies hiccups and inefficiencies in global data traffic, the companies said Monday.
A routing error by one of Indonesia's largest telecommunications providers on Wednesday made it briefly appear it controlled a large swath of the Internet, according to monitoring firm Renesys.
The North Korean state propaganda machine has edited and deleted hundreds of news articles that mention Jang Song Thaek, the former top government and party official who was executed Thursday.
Internet service has been restored to Aleppo, Syria's largest city, with a renewed connection to Turkey's largest telecommunications provider, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Sudan has regained access to the Internet after a nearly 24-hour blackout that may have been a government-directed response to violent rioting in the country over lifted fuel subsidies.
Connectivity to one of three major international ISPs in Sudan has been restored, following reports that the government may be responsible for cutting off the country's access amid riots over the lifting of fuel subsidies.
Internet traffic in and out of war-torn Syria has been restored after a disruption of nearly eight and a half hours, according to Internet traffic charts.
Internet traffic to and from Syria, a country engulfed by civil war, again came to a halt on Wednesday, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
Egypt said it has arrested three men suspected of slicing a crucial undersea Internet cable on Wednesday, causing widespread problems from Kenya to Pakistan.
Internet connectivity to North Korea was restored Friday after a day-and-a-half-long outage that the country's official media blamed on international hacking.
Cuba's Internet speeds increased on Tuesday, and the country appears to be routing more traffic through a previously dormant undersea fiber-optic cable, according to Internet monitoring company Renesys.
After a two-day outage, Internet access in war-torn Syria appears to be for the most part restored on Saturday, according to reports from several sources.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW