A group of 26 U.S. senators, cutting across party lines, are seeking "public answers" on whether the National Security Agency collected in bulk other data such as credit card purchases and financial information in the U.S. besides phone records.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up 10 megahertz of spectrum in the 1900MHz band for commercial mobile services.
U.S. consumers should be able to reclaim control of their personal data from data brokers, websites and other companies, a member of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said Wednesday.
A new European guide aimed at avoiding IT vendor lock-in could save the public sector more than €1 billion a year.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the two largest U.S. mobile carriers from buying too much spectrum in an upcoming auction, but the agency should also set a minimum price for the spectrum as a way to ensure that it receives the...
Edward Snowden, the former U.S. National Security Agency contractor who leaked information about the country's surveillance programs, left Hong Kong Sunday to a third country.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has asked Google for information related to its Waze acquisition, as the agency reviews the deal, according to reports published on Saturday.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is moving toward relaxing the rules about using electronic devices on airplanes, according to a published report, but the decision isn't final yet.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will launch an investigation of the business practices of so-called patent trolls in an effort to understand whether those companies are harming competition and consumers, the agency's chairwoman said.
Web content filtering company Netsweeper has supplied its products to Pakistan, even as some top IT companies have refused to supply gear for a controversial filtering project, a Canadian research group has disclosed.
U.S. President Barack Obama has directed federal agencies to take new steps toward sharing their wireless spectrum with commercial operators, in an effort to meet growing demands for mobile data services.
Europe’s Justice Commission said Friday that she would not sacrifice European citizens’ rights for United States’ national security.
It may have taken almost two decades, but Tun Thura Thet's investment in one of Asia's poorest countries is finally paying off.
In Yangon, Myanmar, giant Samsung billboards hang overhead as dozens of handset shops line the crowded city streets and advertise the latest smartphones. Just a few years ago, you wouldn't have seen such a sight, said Soe Nyi Nyi, a local tech entrep...
New legislation in New York city aims to regulate the use of 3-D printers to make firearms, as the U.S. tries to cope with the possible proliferation online of drawings for making such arms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW