EU justice ministers on Friday reached a partial agreement on planned new data privacy laws, but still disagree about how to implement them.
A Google representative confirmed on Thursday that the so-called European right to be forgotten will not apply to the .com domain.
Microsoft has asked the U.S. government to recognize that its search warrants should end at the country's borders, reflecting growing concern that surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency could impact business abroad for tech companies.
Google has already received around 41,000 requests to delete links to personal information from its search results in the three weeks since a key ruling by the European Court of Justice about the so-called right to be forgotten.
After a comedic video about net neutrality became a YouTube hit, more than 22,000 comments about proposed net neutrality rules flooded the website of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, and the traffic locked up the agency's Web-based comment...
New rules governing who handles EU consumers’ privacy complaints will not be agreed this week despite being on the agenda for member states to discuss.
Three U.S. tech worker groups have launched a labor boycott of IBM, Infosys and Manpower, saying the companies have engaged in a pattern that discourages U.S. workers from applying for U.S. IT jobs by tailoring employment ads toward overseas workers.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced legislation that would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband as a common-carrier utility, a move many net neutrality advocates have called for.
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some t...
China is starting a month-long crack down on illegal content circulating through local instant messaging services.
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
A new document that sets out plans for a so-called one stop shop for policing EU data has been released.
China is attacking secret surveillance programs of the U.S. government with harsh words from its state-controlled press, accusing Cisco of helping the U.S. in cyberespionage.
As the dust settles on a new European Parliament, digital rights and IT lobbyists try to work out what it will mean for the tech industry.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW