EU justice ministers on Friday reached a partial agreement on planned new data privacy laws, but still disagree about how to implement them.
A Google representative confirmed on Thursday that the so-called European right to be forgotten will not apply to the .com domain.
Microsoft has asked the U.S. government to recognize that its search warrants should end at the country's borders, reflecting growing concern that surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency could impact business abroad for tech companies.
Google has already received around 41,000 requests to delete links to personal information from its search results in the three weeks since a key ruling by the European Court of Justice about the so-called right to be forgotten.
After a comedic video about net neutrality became a YouTube hit, more than 22,000 comments about proposed net neutrality rules flooded the website of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, and the traffic locked up the agency's Web-based comment...
New rules governing who handles EU consumers’ privacy complaints will not be agreed this week despite being on the agenda for member states to discuss.
Three U.S. tech worker groups have launched a labor boycott of IBM, Infosys and Manpower, saying the companies have engaged in a pattern that discourages U.S. workers from applying for U.S. IT jobs by tailoring employment ads toward overseas workers.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced legislation that would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband as a common-carrier utility, a move many net neutrality advocates have called for.
Advocates of strong net neutrality rules are calling for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, but such a move would trigger a lengthy court fight between the agency and broadband providers, some t...
China is starting a month-long crack down on illegal content circulating through local instant messaging services.
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
A new document that sets out plans for a so-called one stop shop for policing EU data has been released.
China is attacking secret surveillance programs of the U.S. government with harsh words from its state-controlled press, accusing Cisco of helping the U.S. in cyberespionage.
As the dust settles on a new European Parliament, digital rights and IT lobbyists try to work out what it will mean for the tech industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW