Streaming music service Grooveshark has closed down as part of a settlement with major record companies that had sued it for many years for copyright infringement.
Recording Industry Association of America
Five music labels have filed a lawsuit against streaming music service Pandora Music, saying the company is violating state law by refusing to pay labels and artists for its use of recordings made before 1972.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed a lawsuit against the defunct file-sharing website Megaupload and its founder, Kim Dotcom, alleging "massive copyright infringement" of music.
A group of U.S. companies operating Internet advertising networks has pledged to bar websites trafficking in pirated goods from using their services and to take other steps to fight online copyright infringement.
A recorded music industry association in the U.S. said Google's policy to demote pirate websites in search rankings was not working.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- CCSenior Test Manager (NV1 Clearance)VIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCService SupportACT
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD