Streaming music service Grooveshark has closed down as part of a settlement with major record companies that had sued it for many years for copyright infringement.
Recording Industry Association of America
Five music labels have filed a lawsuit against streaming music service Pandora Music, saying the company is violating state law by refusing to pay labels and artists for its use of recordings made before 1972.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed a lawsuit against the defunct file-sharing website Megaupload and its founder, Kim Dotcom, alleging "massive copyright infringement" of music.
A group of U.S. companies operating Internet advertising networks has pledged to bar websites trafficking in pirated goods from using their services and to take other steps to fight online copyright infringement.
A recorded music industry association in the U.S. said Google's policy to demote pirate websites in search rankings was not working.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC