AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
AT&T reported revenue of US $31.5 billion for the third quarter of this year, flat compared to the third quarter of 2011, while net income was up slightly to $3.6 billion.
AT&T has scrapped its plans to purchase rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA in the face of opposition from two U.S. agencies.
AT&T's revenue was down slightly in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a year earlier, but net income rose by about US$400 million, on a comparable basis, driven by strong growth in its mobile and broadband divisions.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC